Magic Band : Purple

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Personally I still will want a plastic card and not have to wear one....:rolleyes: Don't like the bulk, like my own bracelets, and don't want to be stuck with a color all week either! DH always carried our paper fastpasses and card "tickets" in his wallet and since we all stay together as a group, it never ever has been an issue or inconvience....so I am relieved there is still an option...but if none? I would pick silver to go with anything.

cw1982

Personally I still will want a plastic card and not have to wear one....:rolleyes: Don't like the bulk, like my own bracelets, and don't want to be stuck with a color all week either! DH always carried our paper fastpasses and card "tickets" in his wallet and since we all stay together as a group, it never ever has been an issue or inconvience....so I am relieved there is still an option...but if none? I would pick silver to go with anything.

ok i was thinking about this all day and i have made an executive decision.

i changed my MB from red to silver....

:cool:

FYI, the band that (I think) you two are referring to as "silver" is not silver at all, but actually grey. That may not be a big deal to you, but it's not metallic or anything. Not trying to split hairs, just didn't want there to be any surprises when your bands come in and don't look quite like what you'd expect.

Also, the pink one, in case anyone cares and doesn't already know, isn't quite the same shade of pink as what is in the picture that @RandomPrincess posted above. It's not quite a "hot" pink... I'd say it's more of a rose color. Or maybe the color on my monitor is off. *shrug*

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
There are people who decorate their MB at home and I've seen stickers you can buy to put on them too. Some ideas from Pinterest - http://www.pinterest.com/waltlife/disney-magicbands/

PPDC-DIY-MagicBand-Decor.png

magicband5_zpsc05ac446.jpg

cw1982

There are people who decorate their MB at home and I've seen stickers you can buy to put on them too. Some ideas from Pinterest - http://www.pinterest.com/waltlife/disney-magicbands/

PPDC-DIY-MagicBand-Decor.png

magicband5_zpsc05ac446.jpg

I wonder if the rhinestones would get in the way, though, if they're covering up Mickey's head, as in the picture of the pink band with the gold "stones"? Very cute and all, but the Mickey head has to touch the Mickey head at the gate, FP entrance, etc, to work properly.

cw1982

oh grey will be fine for me, it will match my hair

:hilarious:

Lol... I didn't think you would care so much, but the other person I quoted sounded like she wanted something that would match any and all outfits, so I wanted to be sure she knew the difference.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I wonder if the rhinestones would get in the way, though, if they're covering up Mickey's head, as in the picture of the pink band with the gold "stones"? Very cute and all, but the Mickey head has to touch the Mickey head at the gate, FP entrance, etc, to work properly.

I wouldn't think it would matter the "touch" is more of a "place it very close" It shouldn't bother the transmitter.

cw1982

I wouldn't think it would matter the "touch" is more of a "place it very close" It shouldn't bother the transmitter.

You may be right... but mine never seemed to get picked up unless the Mickeys were actually touching. Maybe it's more about the angle of the transmitters. Either way, I think I'd be afraid to try it until others have reported that they had no problems lol.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Oooh thanks think the grey with some mickeys added would GO with anything! :D Thanks for the DIY decor band pics....fun to be creative....and would consider looping it through my "purse" little black bag that carries all essentials and would be with my anyhow.....I usually add a few pins to it's flap and hope they don't get lost but there you go....the band would not fall off unless I lost my purse :eek: but as none of my guys would wear a band probably end up with the cards again anyhow. SO with fastpass+ if I had cards and changed my FP on our smartphone the cards would be updated like the bands? Therein lies the deciding factor....goodness it's been over a year and I was just on the cusp of transition to those bands Jan 2013....now I have to get this new system down. Can't think of a better place to figure it out than here....:).

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Well, maybe not. Back when it was a room key RFID, I used to keep my key in my wallet and hold it up to the lock on the door and it would work. I also used a MB through a jacket in January and it worked. So perhaps putting the rhinestones over the Mickey would work. The worst that can happen is you have to take them off because it doesn't work.

cw1982

Well, maybe not. Back when it was a room key RFID, I used to keep my key in my wallet and hold it up to the lock on the door and it would work. I also used a MB through a jacket in January and it worked. So perhaps putting the rhinestones over the Mickey would work. The worst that can happen is you have to take them off because it doesn't work.

I get that, but I wouldn't want the rhinestones to leave behind a sticky residue or something if I had to pull them off... especially if I had put time into decorating the thing in the first place.

I'm not saying others shouldn't decorate their bands. I'm just saying I don't think I personally would do that until I see how well it works for others.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Are you staying at a Disney resort? You can request a card upon check in. My father is like you and would just rather have the card and has gotten it for two trips now. When you check in, just tell them that you would like an RFID card. Bring your band just in case because at many of the pools, lifeguards check for a MB (plus at the pools and waterparks, it's more convenient. That's the only time my dad every used it.) so you may want to wear it down to the pool. Also you must tap the card as you would a Magic Band. Do not swipe when paying for anything. And if you plan on using it for charging privileges, either put your MB in your purse or keep a credit card as back up. They don't print the ID number on the card like they do the MB in case their system malfunctions, so either carry your MB or have a credit card as back up.

If you are an AP holder, simply ignore their emails and requests to customize and order your MBs and you'll be able to keep your cards. I understand that; I prefer my AP to remain in my wallet as well.

They are convenient, especially at the pool, at the waterparks, or in the rain, but they have their issues (like a broken sensor on our door last time...)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Oh thanks SWG....yep I always stay at a resort....like being as close to the MK.....so now wondering as I usually check in online in the past few years, how I get my RFID card....I assume it's seperate from your resort/room card...or is EVERYTHING on your band/card?

cw1982

Oh thanks SWG....yep I always stay at a resort....like being as close to the MK.....so now wondering as I usually check in online in the past few years, how I get my RFID card....I assume it's seperate from your resort/room card...or is EVERYTHING on your band/card?

When you get there, just stop by the desk and tell them you need a card. Everything is on the band or card, and all bands/cards tied to your account will work interchangeably.

afm81986

I would love to see a teal or a coral! But I too wish the option of purple was available, my daughter and I's favortie colors are both pink and purple but with only having pink as an option our bands now look the same. Which is fine I suppose, but I would have preferred us to all have different colors and I tend to not like pepto colored pink so I would have personally chosen purple if given the option. On another note, ours just shipped yesterday!! EEEEEEKKK I am soooo excited!! I will be stalking the mail now... :brb::D

arko

depending on how far in advance you book, you can order and receive personalized bands in the mail. If you bought a package and it is linked to you MDE account then your tickets and room key will all be linked to the band. Having your tickets and reservation linked to your MDE account will then allow you to book FP's 60 days out. If you want an RFID card you will have to go to the front desk and ask for one, but it is not required for room access or park access as your band will do both.

cw1982

I know I read somewhere they were going to have purple, shiny black and Christmas plaid, but I can not remember where I read it.

Wow... Christmas plaid? That's bizarre lol. The purple and the black both sound like a great idea, but plaid? If they're wanting something more festive for the holidays, I would think some of the fab 5 in Santa hats, or snowflakes, etc, would be more popular.

Watch them release the Christmas plaid one near Valentine's Day or something :hilarious:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom