Magic Band life span

m steve

Original Poster
Hello!

How long will the features/capabilities of a Magic Band work? When we next visit WDW, our Bands will be two years old and I am not sure if they will be fully functional after that much time. I am not sure if we will need to have new ones.

Thanks for your help!

JaxFLBear

Advertisement
Most functions will work as long as Disney supports the technology. The functions that should work indefinitely are: Touch to Enter (theme park, hotel room, FP+ return queue), Touch to Pay (room charging), manual photo linking.

Automatic linking of ride photos/videos will stop functioning once the internal (and non-replaceable) battery has died.

m steve

Original Poster
Most functions will work as long as Disney supports the technology. The functions that should work indefinitely are: Touch to Enter (theme park, hotel room, FP+ return queue), Touch to Pay (room charging), manual photo linking.

Automatic linking of ride photos/videos will stop functioning once the internal (and non-replaceable) battery has died.
Thanks for the response. Any idea how long that battery lasts?

Rob562

Certain other "magical" personalized interactions in some rides and queues also will stop working once the internal battery dies, since the Bands need to be read from a distance.

Thanks for the response. Any idea how long that battery lasts?

They say at least two years. Unfortunately there's no real way to know whether the battery is still alive.
I suppose you could ride an attraction with on-ride photo your first day and a few minutes after you get off see if the photo shows up in your account.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom