Magic Band / Fast Pass Question

Gartdog

First time using Magic Bands. I have two Fast Pass questions:

1) I know you can't get another Fast Pass until your three are used for the day, but does that include if you get a Fast Pass for a nighttime show, or do you loose out on the chance to get another pass that day?

2) In the past, I believe you had to go to a kiosk to get another Fast Pass, but am I correct that you can get the additional passes on the My Disney Experience app? And if so, can you get them for a different park than the one you are in (ie - morning at MK but get a fast pass for the afternoon at AK)?

Tuvalu

1) You must either use all 3 of your initial fastpasses, or let the time of them elapse, before getting a 4th fastpass. Unless the park is open after a nighttime show, you are ineligible for a 4th fastpass.

2) Yes, you can get additional fastpasses using the MDE app and you can get your 4th fastpass in whichever park you'd like ~ you do not have to be in the park.

Upvote 0

emma c

Just wondering if you use a fast pass for meet and greet, can you just book the one for the child or do u need to book 2 for the adult as well?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Just wondering if you use a fast pass for meet and greet, can you just book the one for the child or do u need to book 2 for the adult as well?
Anyone who enters the fastpass line must have a fastpass, so anyone who accompanies a child to a meet and greet needs one too (2 adults + 1 child = 3 fastpasses).

Upvote 0

emma c

Anyone who enters the fastpass line must have a fastpass, so anyone who accompanies a child to a meet and greet needs one too (2 adults + 1 child = 3 fastpasses).
Thank you I did think that was case! I'm sure hub be thrilled to meet Anna and Ella! Are they classed at one or two fast passes?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Thank you I did think that was case! I'm sure hub be thrilled to meet Anna and Ella! Are they classed at one or two fast passes?
Since their move to Epcot, meeting Anna and Elsa no longer requires a fastpass. The line is standby only. We only waited 10 minutes last month. :)

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

Anna & Elsa don't have Fastpasses as has been stated but if a party wants to split up, can't you make arrangements to split up your Fastpasses? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought each person in a group (even if all are under one reservation) could each have different Fastpass selections. For example, you could arrange for one parent to go with one child to ride Winnie the Pooh while the other parent could take the older kids on Splash Mountain. I haven't used Fastpass+ yet but I thought that was a possibility.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Anna & Elsa don't have Fastpasses as has been stated but if a party wants to split up, can't you make arrangements to split up your Fastpasses? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought each person in a group (even if all are under one reservation) could each have different Fastpass selections. For example, you could arrange for one parent to go with one child to ride Winnie the Pooh while the other parent could take the older kids on Splash Mountain. I haven't used Fastpass+ yet but I thought that was a possibility.
That is true ~ each member of a traveling party can have his/her own Fastpass for different attractions.

Upvote 0

Joe Easter

My first solo visit in September, not staying onsite, as cool as I think it would be to get a magic band, would it benefit you if you are not staying onsite to have one? Any benefit? Or just a very expensive souvenir? (Will they assume you are a resort say if you are wearing one?) - also...do you know the Scarecrow/Dr. Syn circa 1963 pictured left?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

My first solo visit in September, not staying onsite, as cool as I think it would be to get a magic band, would it benefit you if you are not staying onsite to have one? Any benefit? Or just a very expensive souvenir? (Will they assume you are a resort say if you are wearing one?) - also...do you know the Scarecrow/Dr. Syn circa 1963 pictured left?
Your ticket will have the RFID chip necessary for admission and fastpasses. There is no benefit for an offsite guest to wear a MagicBand, unless it makes you feel good. :joyfull:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom