Magic Band decorating

Fable McCloud

Anyone know the best way to decorate MagicBands without them running/cracking? Some people say nail polish, others say sharpie...I need some help. My family refuses to get pre-made fancy bands, insisting that I (the creative one) dress them up myself lol. I've never had a MagicBand before so I'm not sure.

Mna

I use nail polish. No biggie. This is mine for our trip in just under 2 weeks! It's all holographic, so I can't wait to see it in the sun!

51537610619__EA9CDAB3-B136-4688-A821-829AB8EFA485.JPG 51537611878__5385C300-D0B1-4E39-9BE7-68312C64EFFA.JPG

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

I have never decorated our bands, but for our up-coming trip I have decided to. I plan on going to Michael's and getting stickers and crystals and just jazzing them up.

Upvote 0

Mna

I have never decorated our bands, but for our up-coming trip I have decided to. I plan on going to Michael's and getting stickers and crystals and just jazzing them up.
Just keep in mind that sticker crystals need more adhesive: like E6000 stuff, because the heat will melt the peel and stick stuff and they'll fall off through the day.

I highly recommend AB (aurora borealis) Swarovski crystals if you want the most sparkle. Michael's usually has them in loose flatback stones. :)

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I considered using my gels, but I'd read they were more likely to crack long term. :(
No problems here. I had regular nail polish and after 2 trips they cracked and one was destroyed. The gels have lasted up to 4 trips now no problems. The battery has died on a few bands before I had any signs of wear.

The trick is to buff the band and treat it exactly like you would your nails. Do thin coats too so it cures properly. I have twisted and intentionally tried to harm the bands as a test and they hold up very well!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom