Magic Band Check at Wilderness Lodge

wdwfan22

Original Poster
Touring Plans states that they are checking Magic Bands now and handing out wrist bands for the pool at the Wilderness Lodge. Anyone know if they are doing this at other Disney Resorts?

Attachments

• wilderness.png
    wilderness.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 155

bethymouse

Wow! I know there are "gates" around the pools now ( the POLY especially). But, I didn't see CMs giving paper wrist bands to anyone! Interesting...:confused:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Could be for a couple of reasons. Summer months are more crowded at the pools and maybe they want to control crowd levels by ensuring only registered guests are using the facilities or maybe there is a more dark and sinister reason - Disney wants to make sure they know where you are each minute of each day and what exactly you are up to. I heard some of these MBs actually have a small camera embedded.

21stamps

wait for someone to open the gate. It happens all the time
Wow. I didn't realize that.
There should be a disclosure in the "terms and conditions" stating that if you park at another resort for more than 2-3 hours then you will be towed. You should also need a receipt of an activity that you did at said resort. Also, if you are caught using a pool or a beach, while not staying at a resort, then your credit card will be charged for the cost of a room for that day. Maybe then people would stop abusing things.

It's sad that a "few" ruin things for the "many", it creates more of a hassle for the actual resort guests, but I'm all for an additional bracelet if it prevents people from breaking rules.

jlsHouston

Hmm, we were at GF and BWI during June and neither feature pool checked magic bands or supplied paper wristbands.. I remember last summer we stayed at POLY in July and you had to use the MB to access the Lava Pool, which most of the time I was waiting for someone to exit because the thing wouldn't read mine.

wdwfan22

Original Poster
There should be a disclosure in the "terms and conditions" stating that if you park at another resort for more than 2-3 hours then you will be towed. You should also need a receipt of an activity that you did at said resort. Also, if you are caught using a pool or a beach, while not staying at a resort, then your credit card will be charged for the cost of a room for that day. Maybe then people would stop abusing things.

It's sad that a "few" ruin things for the "many", it creates more of a hassle for the actual resort guests, but I'm all for an additional bracelet if it prevents people from breaking rules.

Disney will never do that. Most of the time it's Disney Resort Guest from cheaper resorts using the pool. My recent stay at Polynesian there were guests from the All Stars swimming in the pool. They were excited they had found a way to sneak in. Everyone else was thinking how pathetic.

21stamps

Disney will never do that. Most of the time it's Disney Resort Guest from cheaper resorts using the pool. My recent stay at Polynesian there were guests from the All Stars swimming in the pool. They were excited they had found a way to sneak in. Everyone else was thinking how pathetic.
That's what I mean, another resort guest from a different resort would have a card on file already.
There is a charge if you smoke in your room, it should be expanded to things like being caught in a pool are on a property you are not staying at.
I agree it probably won't happen, so I'm glad they are doing more to attempt to keep people out. Hopefully they start enforcing similar rules for the beaches on different properties, not just on holidays.

rob0519

We generally stay at the CR, two rooms each stay and have for almost twenty years. One day my wife went to WL and asked if she could just use the pool for a few hours because she'd never stayed there. They told her flat out no. I think you should be able to pool hop at the same class resorts at which you are staying to some extent.

danniyell

Crikey 2-3 hours isn't much for people visiting the resort for genuine reasons - all DVC members should be able to enjoy all the resorts including chilling on a beach at poly or grand Floridian with a drink, shopping at the shops in the hotels, looking at where they could stay next time, having lunch and riding a tea racer - don't see an issue the only problem as such is the pool and honouring those rules. The pool hopping rule is a good one they just need to think of an easier way to police it. :)

daisyduckie

We generally stay at the CR, two rooms each stay and have for almost twenty years. One day my wife went to WL and asked if she could just use the pool for a few hours because she'd never stayed there. They told her flat out no. I think you should be able to pool hop at the same class resorts at which you are staying to some extent.

I don't agree. The pools are built to host the people that stay at that resort, they are not big enough to be glorified public pools.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom