Magic Band Annual Pass

Disney Fan Dan

Original Poster
Hi everyone, forgive me if this has already been asked! Our family stayed on property a few weeks ago, and received magic bands. We were able to successfully link our annual passes to the magic bands, and everything worked great using them. We have now booked another trip in May at the poly. When I went to My Disney Experience, it is telling me to order new magic bands. Our annual passes, however, are linked to the magic bands from our last trip. Has anyone ran into this problem? Should we order new magic bands and bring our old ones as well? I feel there should be a way to either put our new resort reservation on the old magic band, or put or annual passes on the new magic bands. Thanks in advance for your help!

JohnD

It is not "a problem". For whatever reason WDW has decided to send new MBs for each resort stay. As stated above, all MBs are linked to the same account. So, you can use the new ones sent from the Poly trip or use your old ones. Or wear a different one on each day.

I have a trip coming up on April 5-9. My family is staying at CBR and new MBs are being sent. I already have an MB when I stayed at AS-S on Veterans Day weekend. Think I'll bring that one too and use a different MB on different days. Doesn't matter. Each one is linked to my account.

Rob562

When thinking about Magic Bands it's easiest to reverse the mental arrows you have when thinking about how things are linked.

AP's (and all other admission tickets) aren't linked to a specific Band, but rather they're linked to your MDE profile. All Magic Bands, RFID tickets, etc are also linked to your MDE profile.

When you scan your Band, the system only uses it to look up your profile and then look for the relevant info it needs (room key, room charge, park admission, FP+, etc). So you can have multiple Bands/RFID cards linked to a single profile, and they all work interchangeably.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom