Maelstrom...

Marc Gil

Overall, it's a short, mildly thrilling ride, but it's a classic! Love it!

Oh yes... The film is great too, but it's obviously dated.

lunchbox1175

Love the ride, do wish it was longer as well. Also wish the movie was updated. I noticed on our last trip a couple weeks ago, that the movie was not continuous anymore, they actually had someone in the room who stopped and started the movie, we actually had to wait 3 minutes for it to start. Is this something new or how it was always supposed to be?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Not a fan of it. Rode it for the first time May 2013 and aside from the very obvious mold problem (which set off allergies for the rest of the day) the ride seemed kinda weak and it was pretty short. I did like the Trolls, but it seemed that it could benefit from a good dusting.

Not to say I think it should be gutted, but a nice refurb to restore it would be great. Same with the giant mural in the loading dock.

I didn't stay for the movie- my allergies basically caused me to flee the ride as quickly as possible.

NeedMoreMickey

Not a fan either. I only ride it if someone in our group hasn't been on it yet but I usually try to avoid it. I have to agree with Soarin' Over Pgh with the allergies. I also not a fan of Gran Fiesta.

Brickcity Pauly

I love Maelstrom.

Are the Frozen rumors true, or any truth to them? Seems like a ride for that would be much better suited for MK, but I could see them looking to refurb Maelstrom with that...

I just feel that the ride has such a classic Disney feel to it. I also love the way the unload zone looks before you exit through the theater and I cannot get enough of that fresh smell of Laila as you exit the gift shop.

Maelstrom Troll

One of my all time favorites and one that gets multiple rides every trip. It was scary to me as a kid, maybe that is why I'm hooked as an adult!

tinkerblonde11

Love, love, love it. And just like the rest, I wish it was a bit longer. I love the atmosphere and the trolls, love the little backwards drop. I know that it's supposed to be a brief ride with the movie at the end as the whole experience, but I just wish the ride had a tad bit more to it. I'm guilty of skipping the movie but still want more from the attraction :oops:

RayTheFirefly

Love it! The atmosphere is awesome, and it really teaches you about Norwegian history/lore. Agreed about the queue, though. super ugly and plain.

KARmom

I was extremely dissappointed. It really needs to be longer. Even my DD who is 7 was like "its not over already is it?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom