Maelstrom...

Kman101

I quite enjoy it. Not for nostalgia sake, but because it's a unique attraction, to some degree. It's a tad bit too short but the waits are usually never THAT long so I don't mind. It's fun to go backwards and to see outside through the rock waterfall as you pass by.

acishere

I do wish it was longer, but it is still a favorite of mine. It's not about any Disney property, it is a ride that gives you a brief rundown of some of Norway's history, landscape, and lore. That is what WS should be all about. More of the countries at WS should have an attraction like this.

Magenta Panther

I love it. I never miss it when I visit WDW. It has an eerie magic that's very Nordic in feel...tells a good story. The effects aren't bad at all for such a relatively minor ride. ALL of the countries in WS should have rides like Maelstrom. Or at least some of them (Yellow Submarine ride for Britain!!!!)

Bocko57

I tend to miss it on most trips. When I do ride, I often think I should try to ride it on every trip to Epcot. I wish it was longer too. Also I wish they would update the movie but I know the story behind the movie not being updated. SAD!

NormC

I think they should annex the expansion pad next door and make it longer and turn it into a Frozen ride! :p;):D

horizons82

I enjoy it quite a bit--and for that reason I wish it was longer.

I really like each of the scenes in it...especially the towering oil platform at the end. Going into the village at the unload is also nice.

My wife made a valid point that there should be an alternate path for those who don't wish to stay for the film to exit through so that they don't distract from those in the theater trying to enjoy it.

Also--didn't the light coming from the Norse god's eye at the beginning used to me more colorful and more intense? The past several times I've been on it seemed more white and not as bright as the mix of white and teal and blue I recall years ago.

steamboatjosh

^ @NormC There have been rumors of them turning it into a Frozen ride. Would be kinda cool but part of thinks that should be built in MK. However, I think we might see a Frozen ride at Disneyland before WDW.

In the documentary on the Frozen BR they pulled out old plans for a ride based on The Snow Queen that was being planned for Disneyland that was shelved. At the end the Director even says "They need to finally make this ride." Mary Blair then says "Maybe they will."

I honestly doubt they would've done all that if they weren't looking at those concepts for inspiration right now.

horizons82

Be careful what you wish for, they say Disney is the place where dreams come true.

I do love Maelstrom, it is exactly what a ride in the WS should be. It would be criminal to Disney-fy it.

Totally agree. I don't mind seeing attractions/rides updated or modified, but NOT in a way in which the original intent or atmosphere of the ride is totally lost (a la Rio del Tiempo).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom