Maelstrom

wdwjmp239

Norway & Stave Church

I love Norway! The food, the music, the stave church, the Maelstrom. It's a good representation of Norway. Mind you, I'm not Norwegian, but I think Epcot did a good job of representing the Norwegian culture.

The Stave Church -- that's a great place to sit and chill out and listen to the cool sax music. Don't sit and listen for too long, you'll fall asleep! You can get that album at the gift shop in Norway.

Daannzzz

I enjoy the Norway Pavilion as well. Akershus is my 2n'd favorite restaurant at WDW. I do wish Maelstrom was a bit longer though as it is different from all the other boat rides. I will stop and watch the movie occaisionally because it is a good film. I will be looking forward to a new one though!

raven

Originally posted by BwanaBob
But I have to blindfold my kids when we get off PoC and RUN through the shop like a pro-linebacker with a kid tucked under the forearm just to stay sane!

SHEESH!!!

Enjoy the attraction for what it is. If I want a piece of it, I'll pick it up at the Emporium on the way out!:lol:

Remember that MK is probably the most kid-oriented park at WDW. This is why you see a lot of shops there with toys and costumes.

When people like an attraction after they get off, some want to take a piece of it with them for memories. I think Disney has done a fine job of this. You can always just walk through if you don't like it.

And some of the other attractions you listed weren't "referbished" like you said to include a shop. They were originally designed that way (RnR, ToT, TT, Pooh, Dinosaur, Pirates, etc.)

I think the Maelstrom needed something more. It's easy to pass up the shops if you don't even see them.

raven

Originally posted by egilhagen
Well.... what can i say.. i jused to work there.... ok its true.. im norwegian. BUT....

The film is about to change. Disney has just signed a bit contract with a company here in norway.. for a new movie. Its generally going to be about Bergen. When "spirit of norway" (current movie) generally is situated in oslo. They are going to tone down the Viking stuff, and show a little more of the big Fjords and mountains. (that is what norway is famous for)

Egil
Internatinal program
2001 - 2002
Norway Pavillion.

Maybe we are related?!! :D

I love the Norway Pavillion and especially Maelstrom. I just wish it were longer. I also have passed up the movie due to time restraints but it would be cool to see the Fjords, more of Bergen (where my family is from and maybe bits of Lapland. :D ) and maybe even bits of Lapland.

I love the waiting area for the movie on the docks of Bergen at night! And the gift shop is great too. I purchased a bottle of Geir there 2 years ago when the maker was there. I wear it everyday now.

lebernadin

Originally posted by egilhagen
ok... alot of type'os on that text..... sorry

Egil
internatiOnal Program
2001 - 2002
Norway Pavillion

No need for apologies, Egil. I don't think you'll come across many Americans on Norwegian-based messageboards. :D

Does anyone know if Helly-Hansen sponsors the pavilion in any way? I know a limited amount of their stuff is in the shop there but do they financially back the pavilion otherwise?

BwanaBob

raven...

I realize that those attractions were built that way...
I was caught up in the moment.

After further review, I just went over the top with the whole concept, thats all.

Let's re-phrase....all "new" (say, post '95 ish) attractions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom