Maelstrom

PeoplemoverTTA

It's not a "must" for me, but it was a favorite when I was a kid (I always thought for sure we were going to tumble backwards down that waterfall). I still enjoy it, of course.

Although, the queue is just dreadful. Nothing like some big @#$ walls to look at during a 20-minute wait. Between the walls of nothingness and the dark lights, I have almost fallen asleep in that queue :rolleyes:

Kristamouse

I just can't help but notice how beautiful the CM's are in Norway! In all of our trips I haven't even meet a just normal looking one, all are 10's.
We love Malestorm too, my 3 year old was scared and it was so cute our whole boat was giggling. Not peremantanly scarred for life becasue of trolls scared, but cute funny scared. Then he wanted to ride it again. So yes we love Malestrom, Norway and of couse School Bread.

CThaddeus

I prefer The Spirit of Norway film after. The ride is really doesn't say much for Norway. An oil rig is all they could come up with for the present? How sad.

primetime52

I just can't help but notice how beautiful the CM's are in Norway! In all of our trips I haven't even meet a just normal looking one, all are 10's.
We love Malestorm too, my 3 year old was scared and it was so cute our whole boat was giggling. Not peremantanly scarred for life becasue of trolls scared, but cute funny scared. Then he wanted to ride it again. So yes we love Malestrom, Norway and of couse School Bread.

You took the words right out of my mouth! I was gonna comment on how good looking the female Norwegian CM's are. What a great country! The CM's in Germany aren't half bad either.

lilmizpixie3

I use to be so afraid of this ride when I was little. The trolls and everything about it, going backwards towards the waterfall..ahh:eek:! But now its good, but I dont ride it everytime I go

Alice_Lost

The first time I went on it ( I was 7) I cried because of the sign out in front, that says "You may get wet" and shows Mickey under an umbrella. I didn't have a change of clothes and really didn't walk around wet all day. I think it was pretty rediculous because to this day I have never seen a single person get wet on that ride!

DocHoliday

I like Maelstrom well enough. I do not like being stuck on a bench because the video starts after the ride and I do not make it in time. But when I don't have to wait after the ride I enjoy it.

C&D

Love the whole Norway Pavilion; ride, movie (love it) and even walking through their store (Laila scent). Oh, and occasionally visit the bakery, too.

sbkline

I'm one of those types who doesn't wants to do as many rides as possible. I just hate coming back and feeling like I didn't "do the whole park" so to speak. So if I can get on it, I want to ride it.

But I do like Maelstrom...much more now than the new Grand Fiesta ride. I'm still honked off about that one.:mad: I used to love El Rio. :(

On a sidenote, on our last trip, I noticed that they viking ship was closed off and no one could get on it. Is this permanent, or did they just have a reason to close it on that particular time period?

EPCOT.nut

Maelstrom has been broken only twice when I have gone to EPCOT. Once when I was in high school. That was a total bummer - and I think it was 1987. The other time was about 2-3 years ago. I always ride that one. Also I always look through the gift shop there and almost always get something sweet at the bakery. And the Norwegians are all so darned cute! :)

sbkline

You took the words right out of my mouth! I was gonna comment on how good looking the female Norwegian CM's are. What a great country! The CM's in Germany aren't half bad either.

I think each country has its share of hotties.

I've heard of people going to Epcot and "drinking around the world". If my wife wasn't with me, I could spend a whole day at Epcot "flirting around the world". *looks in mirror* Not that it would get me very far though...

:D :lol:

EPCOT.nut

On a sidenote, on our last trip, I noticed that they viking ship was closed off and no one could get on it. Is this permanent, or did they just have a reason to close it on that particular time period?

Yeah it has been closed off for a few years. It's a bummer because it was a great photo op that I passed up on for a long time thinking, next time we will get a silly picture there. :rolleyes:

Jason21783

Love this ride. We did it ptrobably 4 time on our trip last week. My only complaint is that it closed at 8 every night, even EMH. So they we were walking world showcase at night, and we were stuck watcing the France film at 1 in the morning, with about 3 othe people in the theater.

One interesting Malestrom story form last visit. Walking through the gift shop, a man came up to me and said "take our picture, its this button," as he pointed to the on/off button. Being friendly, I said "do you mean this button?" knowing how this guy's camera works better than he does. So him and his wife stand in front of the troll, and I proceed to take a step foward to crop a nicer, tighter picture (I'm a designer, so its hard not to try to take a better angle). So then the wife screams at me "Too Close! You step back!" If you can imagine a middle aged asian woman with big Texas hair and a viking helmet, yelling at me in broken english in the gift shop. So I took the picture how they wanted and went on my way. Oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom