Maelstrom refurbishment?

sillyspook13

Original Poster
I've heard that Maelstrom may close at some time to be refurbished/redone. My source told me that the drops are to be made bigger and another room may be added.

Just a rumor though.:p

Nineinchnailsmk

el rio is actually one of my favorite rides. I could spend all day in that pavilion with the water and the ambience. Anyway, i think its pretty cool that theyre going to rehab everything. So much stuff is getting done at WDW! Itll be nice to have some changes!!

snowdog

Are you saying that Malestorm and the Mexico Ride will be closed in the middle of May?
These are two of our favorite rides and I sure will be said if they are:( Thank you for re
sponding.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Want maelsrom rehabed n 2000/2001 I seem to remember boards etc in the line area. I would like bigger drops though. El Rio is great a little bit of sprucing up will be fine, Oh and a new piece of film for the end.

Goofster

I think Maelstrom could really do well with some larger drops, even tho i doubt it'll happen. The ride's special effects and theming just blow you away, but the drops just don't.

SykedOwt

Not to Be Overly Negative here but I Wouldn't Really plan om anything to big seeing that the space they are in is very very limited.

Luau Cove

El Rio del Tiempo is a nice romantic ride inside a spectacular pavillion, but time passed and the ride got old. The in-movies in the ride are old and the animatronics are old. People would like this ride even more if some tech. changes were made.
The same happens with Maelstrom. People love this ride, but it's too short for the huge waiting line, and with some little adds the ride could be wonderful. Oh, by the way, they could update that boring movie.

-->LUAU

dwldzm9

el rio...

I can see maybe getting some new films into el Rio... but the music and atmosphere of that ride make it one of my favorites. I believe that there is one newer film in it, though. When you are in the Aztek portion (toward the beginning) there is one movie that looks VERY clean and crisp, the others could have been shot with a handycam. Anyone know the film of which I speak?

As for a bigger drop on either ride, I don't see that happening. MAJOR overhaul would be needed to move any noticable amount of distance.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by snowdog
Are you saying that Malestorm and the Mexico Ride will be closed in the middle of May?
These are two of our favorite rides and I sure will be said if they are:( Thank you for re
sponding.

They are going to be closed at different times, so when one is closed the other will be open. So you won't lose out on everything.

ToTBellHop

I don't see how they could make the drops bigger on Maelstrom...there would either have to be an oddly placed lift hill or they would have to completely move one of the levels...the only refurbishment I see is touch up painting. I don't see El Rio Del Tiempo getting anything big because...simply put...it is not popular. Therefore, it gets a very small budget. Just look at the queue line for El Rio...it's about 100 feet long...

WDW Imagineer

I dont think Maelstrom should get that big of a rehab so far it is pretty popular, and I don't see that many places that should be changed on it.

As for El Rio, I feel that the ride is a shame in how it displays such a wonderful country like mexico, and that goes for other countries too like canada, Japan and France. Disney has been able to produce some extremly theme, fun and exciting rides yet they are still educational. Some times I think that disney overlooks world showcase and the rides that go in there.:snore:

:)

howlin_mad

I think El Rio is a great ride. It's always nice just walking on that quiet and air conditioned ride during the heat of the summer. Since many people tend to skip it fearing that it's a Small World clone, it could almost be considered a secret ride in Epcot. I would just change the end movie with the street vendors and add some new special effects throughout the ride.

dwldzm9

Originally posted by WDW Imagineer
As for El Rio, I feel that the ride is a shame in how it displays such a wonderful country like mexico, and that goes for other countries too like canada, Japan and France. Disney has been able to produce some extremly theme, fun and exciting rides yet they are still educational. Some times I think that disney overlooks world showcase and the rides that go in there.:snore:

I don't quite understand the complaint about France. I mean, Japan doesn't have a ride or movie (yet), and I will agree that Canada's movie is a bit dated and needs to be reshot. However, the movie in France is my Fav. attraction in World Showcase. There is no other attraction that makes you want to go visit the host country more or that has more beautiful music for it's soundtrack.

One of my favorite things to do during the evening on trips to WDW is go see Impressions de France, and then head straight to the pastry shop - yummy -

MinnieFan

I love El Rio. Lalalala lalalalala la ... Everytime I go on that ride, I can't get that crazy song out of my head. Some of the scenes are a bit on the cheese side, but I still love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom