Maelstrom Recreation - Planet Coaster Console

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
Not entirely sure which sub-forum this belongs in so mods, please move if I'm posting in an inappropriate place. I just wanted to share my Maelstrom recreation that I just finished within Planet Coaster Console (PS5). This is one of the first major rides that I've created within the game and I'm decently happy with how it turned out.

With the console version, there are certain limitations that I had to work around (Boats can't go backwards, no polar bear animatronics so they had to be hippos lol, etc.) so it's not perfect, but it keeps the spirit of the attraction. With all that said, give it a watch!

aladdin2007

Not entirely sure which sub-forum this belongs in so mods, please move if I'm posting in an inappropriate place. I just wanted to share my Maelstrom recreation that I just finished within Planet Coaster Console (PS5). This is one of the first major rides that I've created within the game and I'm decently happy with how it turned out.

With the console version, there are certain limitations that I had to work around (Boats can't go backwards, no polar bear animatronics so they had to be hippos lol, etc.) so it's not perfect, but it keeps the spirit of the attraction. With all that said, give it a watch!

This was awesome work!!!! I almost got a little emotional, wow. can't thank you enough for sharing this it made my day. Kinda fun riding through a somewhat alternate version of Maelstrom, but the full original spirit was there. There were things in that they actually could have implemented had it gotten a proper redo. It brought back the original feeling and spirit of the pavilion thats now utterly gone and lost. Tusen Takk!!!!! Vidunderli!!

Namaari

Well done! I really do miss this ride. I get why they made it into 'Frozen,' but it just doesn't have the same charm as Maelstrom. The old days of Epcot where there were attractions that actually pertained to each countries' culture was a big part of what made the experiences unique. Don't like how they're slapping IP on everything now.

Also, the hippo with its mouth open to the sky was the highlight of this video 😂

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
This was awesome work!!!! I almost got a little emotional, wow. can't thank you enough for sharing this it made my day. Kinda fun riding through a somewhat alternate version of Maelstrom, but the full original spirit was there. There were things in that they actually could have implemented had it gotten a proper redo. It brought back the original feeling and spirit of the pavilion thats now utterly gone and lost. Tusen Takk!!!!! Vidunderli!!

That message means a lot. Wow. I really appreciate you saying all of that. Glad I could bring back some memories of an attraction we loved!

Well done! I really do miss this ride. I get why they made it into 'Frozen,' but it just doesn't have the same charm as Maelstrom. The old days of Epcot where there were attractions that actually pertained to each countries' culture was a big part of what made the experiences unique. Don't like how they're slapping IP on everything now.

Also, the hippo with its mouth open to the sky was the highlight of this video 😂

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Frozen Ever After is a fine attraction. It would be a great fit in Fantasyland, just not at EPCOT. C'est la vie.

Appreciate the kind words though, and for suspending belief for a second to pretend those hippos aren't out of place in the tundra. 😅

Fantastic Job! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! Appreciate you giving it a watch!

Oriolesmagic

Original Poster
OK, I laughed at the hippos. But you nailed the ride exit before the theatre. My favorite part. Nice work!

That area has always stuck with me as well. Wanted to really get that part right. Felt like it always set the stage nicely for what was, in my opinion, an underrated movie in the Spirit of Norway.

Glad you enjoyed it!

JIMINYCR

Nice re creation. It only reminds me of how much I miss Maelstrom. It was never an exceptionally thrilling ride through but I alwaye went through several times on a trip. It was much better than Frozen. I miss the trolls more than I want to visit Olaf and the rest of the Frozen characters.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom