MaDisney's Magical Express - THIS could happen to YOU!

figmentmom

Original Poster
I recently used Disney's Magical Express to travel from the Orlando airport to Port Orleans Riverside, and they were extremely efficient. A little TOO efficient, actually...:lol:

I booked DME when I made our reservation, and gave Disney my flight information and arrival time. Since I will admit to being just a bit OC, I decided that I would be happier not using the yellow DME baggage tags. I figured that if I picked up my bag myself at Baggage Claim, and carried them over to the bus myself, I would be SURE they arrived at the resort when I did. Imagine my horror when my luggage failed to appear on the carousel! I trailed drearily over to the Southwest Baggage Claim office, filled out a missing luggage report, and moped my way over to the Magical Express check-in with the rest of my party, who had come in on a different flight (and had the presence of mind to use the yellow tags :rolleyes: ).

At the counter, the very pleasant Cast Member checked my reservation, and asked me if I had a black 27" rolling bag with my name attached to the handle. Surprised, I answered that I did, and she said, "Oh, you checked in so early for your flight to Orlando" (remember how OC I am?) "that your bag arrived here on an earlier flight. We saw your name attached to it, checked our Guest reservation list, confirmed that you were on it, and sent your bag ahead on to Riverside!"

WOW!!! Now that's efficient! Greatly cheered, I gathered up the rest of my party, and off to Riverside we went.

Now, there is still a bit more to the story...remember that I DIDN'T use the yellow tags? Printed on those yellow tags is the name of your resort. My bag got on the right bus, but got OFF at the wrong resort, and it took Disney quite some time to figure out where it was actually supposed to be. It finally arrived late that night, so there was a happy ending.

Moral of the story? USE THE YELLOW TAGS, FOLKS - Disney will get your bags to your resort for you!!! :lol: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom