Madame Leota's Ring

FitzherbertFreak

Original Poster
you may or may not know, but if you ask a cast member about the story of Madame Leota's Ring, they'll usually give you a glare, or sometimes they'll make up a tall tale. But actually, the ring isn't really one. It was a piece of gate that, to some, looked like a ring. I absolutely loved this little piece of magic in Magic Kingdom, but sadly the "ring" was removed when Haunted Mansion went under refurbishment. What is your opinion on the ring? What story have you been told?
P1090224.jpg

englanddg

One Little Spark...
you may or may not know, but if you ask a cast member about the story of Madame Leota's Ring, they'll usually give you a glare, or sometimes they'll make up a tall tale. But actually, the ring isn't really one. It was a piece of gate that, to some, looked like a ring. I absolutely loved this little piece of magic in Magic Kingdom, but sadly the "ring" was removed when Haunted Mansion went under refurbishment. What is your opinion on the ring? What story have you been told?
P1090224.jpg
The ring was an old stanchion post that had been cut down. The fan base picked up the myth and ran with it to the point where...when they redid the queue, they removed the original "ring" and replaced it with a new one.

HHG-15.jpg

So, in short...the ring is still there.

Also, as I understand the myth, the ring belonged to the bride in the attic, not Madame Leota.

FitzherbertFreak

Original Poster
The ring was an old stanchion post that had been cut down. The fan base picked up the myth and ran with it to the point where...when they redid the queue, they removed the original "ring" and replaced it with a new one.

HHG-15.jpg

So, in short...the ring is still there.

Also, as I understand the myth, the ring belonged to the bride in the attic, not Madame Leota.
Every time I look at the "new" ring, I get upset. I don't like it... :p

LittleMissMinnie

At The World today and noticed "the ring" is gone. There's a spot where the ring previously resided that looks as if it has been dug up. Any idea where it went?

Becky

I was never able to find the OLD ring, can someone help me find the new one?
There was no "old ring". As englanddg said it was just the round hole where a stanchion post was removed. Per the May/June issue of "Celebrations" magizine they have placed the bride's ring in the ground in the interavtive queue.

LittleMissMinnie

There was no "old ring". As englanddg said it was just the round hole where a stanchion post was removed. Per the May/June issue of "Celebrations" magizine they have placed the bride's ring in the ground in the interavtive queue.

I understand that there was never an actual ring. Hence the quotation marks. The "ring" I've seen previously looks exactly the same as the one in the photos above and now it isn't there. Where in the queue have they moved it? The last time I saw it (less than a month ago) it was by the trash can directly past and to the right of the instruments you can touch to play.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom