Macromedia Studio MX/ Fireworks MX/ Dreamwever MX/ Flash MX/ Freehand MX

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
Well I got Macromedia Studio MX the other day and I have no clue what to do now. I tried flashkit.com but they dont have anything on Dreamwever. All I want to do is create one of those cool flash sites that has music, animations, and all of that fun stuff. Does anyone know where I can find a good (free) online tutorial for Macromedia Studio MX? Is there a guide/book (from a bookstore) that will teach me how to do what I want without it being over my head (movies/videos help also). HELP!!! LOL.

NowInc

There are TONS of books out there on all those programs....

....just remember....most people who do those flash (ewww) sites..go to college for it ;)

isnet396

Its a bit tough to get started in flash. Macromedia had some really great quicktime tutorials on how to tween (animate) and some other stuff that helped out a lot. My friend's site, www.pcmodkingdom.tk has a great flash intro. He's 15, and it took him 2 weeks to make.

Ian

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
I am more into learning Dreamwever MX then Flash.

I am going to try the book that Macromedia puts out on it. I tried to use Flash MX and I was so lost on that, so I think I will hold off on that for now. I also want to know how to make a cool animated site logo in Fireworks. So if you come accross a good site or book pass along the info.

And Dan, most flash sites are to crammed with flash animations, so I know what you mean. But I do think that if you dont load it with flash it can really improve a site.

pisco

I started doing Flash animations and banner ads when I was in the newspaper business. I found www.webmonkey.com to be an invaluable resource. They should also have a some info on using Dreamweaver. However, if you know html (and you should if you are planning on doing web sites, none of the visual editors do such a great job that you don't need html.) Dreamweaver will make a lot of sense without much reading required.

If you don't know html, I would reccomend using Webmonkey's html tutorials first and then dive into Dreamweaver.

Also, don't let this stuff initmidate you. I have been doing web design and development professionally since 1994 and I barely graduted High School much less went to college for it! :animwink:

Oh, and I have been using Dreamweaver and Flash since v.1.0 (actually I started with Flash when it was still FutureWave Splash). Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Can't help you with Fireworks though. I'm a Photoshop user all the way.

Good luck and have fun!

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. I will try that site. Even though I have Phoyoshop 6 I hate it because I never really learned how to use it, so I use Paint Shop Pro 7 (which is the same thing, but cheaper and more user friendly).

Once again, thanks.

NowInc

I said "ewww" to flash cuz its...well..evil...

..wanna be on step ahead of the industry? Forget flash..its outdated and overused...its so cliche now that most clients i talk to dont even want to use it anymore......remember the word "axel" ;) (trust me...once my site is done..you'll see its power)

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
Well I went out and got a book on Fireworks. I saw what it can do when you combine it with Dreamwever and I liked what I saw. My first project with it was my new site logo (part of which is my new avaitar). Here is a banner I made in Fireworks MX as a trial.

Attachments

• site_banner.gif
    site_banner.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 42

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom