M:S the TV Special??

CDS Disney

Original Poster
Well we see the return of TV specials when a M:S opens at Disney? I remember when Splash Mountain opened that there was a TV special hosted by Jim Varney more affectionately known as Ernest P. Worrell. He was the first man to ride SM. The show was great they talked about the Construction and had the usual Disney Magic. This practice then seemed to die out for some time but with the heavy marketing of Lilo and Stitch we say the return of the look what we did special. So my real question is now that we draw closer and closer to the opening of Mission: Space do you think well see a hour to half hour special on Disney's newest ride.

Kenan

I think it'll be neat if they do a special for Mission: Space. In it, they should explain a lot about the ride, so the "guests" watching would want to go ASAP. Friday night at ABC is really lacking, so I'm sure that special would really bring it up..hehe..im an ABC fan :D . If it does show up, I will set my VCR to record. Wouldn't it be also cool, if they showed it on all of the morning newscasts, Today, Good Morning America, etc...like they did with Animal Kingdom. That would be great publicity! Reporting from Epcot.........:sohappy:

jmarc63

CDS was that on ABC or Disney Channel?

well I think that would be awsome but the producers of the last two specials on the opening of an attraction and the anaversary specials really did a cheesy job in my opinion., more fluf than substance. I dont want a song about Mission space or them singing a space realted pop song or cheezed out animation. I would like to see accually behind the scene video of the design and construction of M:S

But my bet goes for little snippets from Eisner durring a WWOD on sunday night right befpore the offficial opening this fall
Lets see where they go with this.

WDWFREAK53

I wouldn't watch...sorry, but unless I've already been on it...I wouldn't want to watch (although I would record it (just for an "archive")

I remember the first time I went on the Tower of Terror...if I had seen a "special" showing the ride...I would NOT have enjoyed my first experience as much. (But, now that I have been on it...I enjoy seeing the mechanics and "behind the scenes" of it that they showed on the "Imagineering" special)

CDS Disney

Original Poster
Originally posted by jmarc63
CDS was that on ABC or Disney Channel?
The Splash Mountain Thing? I cant remember. I think it was on Disney and local programming. It was however before Disney took corporate ownership of ABC.

DisneyPhD

I remember that they did something like this when Test Track opened (finally). It was a bit like an infomercial. I only saw it once. I think it aired on a saturday morning and showed all the different tests your vehicle would go through. They may have even showed the "real" GM test track here in Michigan to show that they really do put the cars through all of these tests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom