M:S still a sample of things to come

pyschotropic

I wonder how long Disney will run the ride before they start adding different scenarios to each of the centrifuges I remember reading here that they can do this with Mission Space just like Tower of Terror?

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by pyschotropic
I wonder how long Disney will run the ride before they start adding different scenarios to each of the centrifuges I remember reading here that they can do this with Mission Space just like Tower of Terror?
They'll probably change it every 2-3 years like the Tower of Terror

DarkMeasures

I remember seeing how Hydralic movie rides are programmed. It seems that it would be wuite hard to program all the motions into Body Wars and Star Tours.

Missions Space however probably is easier and a computer probably calulates the G-forces as well as the driver programming the forces.

Like something simple as building a roller coaster in Roller Coaster Tycoon.

TURKEY

Could it be talking about the post show game that is interactive?

That does depend on guests working together and each team does get a score at the end of each game.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by DarkMeasures
I remember seeing how Hydralic movie rides are programmed. It seems that it would be wuite hard to program all the motions into Body Wars and Star Tours.

Missions Space however probably is easier and a computer probably calulates the G-forces as well as the driver programming the forces.

Like something simple as building a roller coaster in Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Mission Space is considerably more complex than something like Star Tours. Remember Star Tours is 1980's technology, Mission Space is 2000 technology.

Mission Space has all the motions of a star tours type simulator, plus the very complex ramifications of GForce. It took WDI a considerable number of years to get the visuals tied to the motion and forces in a believable, and non harmful way.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by DarkMeasures
I would like to test it in its harmful stage.

7 gs would be supreme.

LOL i donno about that! 7Gs for the duration you get in MS would probably leave you dead! ;) Fortunately the ride system cannot deliver that amount of G.

CTXRover

Quick update to the fun fact: Is Disney reading the boards??

After we noticed the fun fact for Mission Space saying the outcome of your mission varies depending on how each astronaut team member does, the new/changed fun fact is re-worded to better reflect the interactivity of the ride:

New Fun Fact Wording:

"Each astronaut recruit will affect their experience by performing different tasks throughout the mission"

So there you go. Enjoy :)

Tim G

Originally posted by wdwmagic
LOL i donno about that! 7Gs for the duration you get in MS would probably leave you dead! ;) Fortunately the ride system cannot deliver that amount of G.
More then 15/20 secs of 6 g's or more could cause a black out to most untrained people...

ToTBellHop

Re: Quick update to the fun fact: Is Disney reading the boards??

Originally posted by CTXRover
After we noticed the fun fact for Mission Space saying the outcome of your mission varies depending on how each astronaut team member does, the new/changed fun fact is re-worded to better reflect the interactivity of the ride:

New Fun Fact Wording:

"Each astronaut recruit will affect their experience by performing different tasks throughout the mission"

So there you go. Enjoy :)

So disney DOES read these forums...now maybe they'll fix the other problems I so graciously pointed out:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom