Luminous: The Symphony of Us POLL

What is your current impression of Luminous: The Symphony of Us at Epcot?

• Total voters

FKLS

Just watched on YT. Some nice effects including the incorporation of SSE. But that shrill singing throughout made my ears bleed. I hope to goodness that it is softer in real life. Ok'ish and better than Harmonious.

Switched over to watch CLIFFIX IROE straight after. It makes you realise how poor Luminous looks.

monorail81

I only watched on YT so far. The visuals were more pleasing to me than Harm. Music was very meh. Not memorable. Too many slow downs in the tempo of the show with the narrations.

We’ll be on a cruise next week or else we would have seen it in person last night. We had booked the Saturday when we got back so we could go see it. After watching the video, we ended up cancelling it and we’ll just see it when we see it.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Illuminations ROE and Epcot Forever looked and were unique which made an Epcot show! Harmonious was unique but killed off by IP music for the middle. Luminous feels a step backwards from Harmonious in size and also IP music in middle. While the first two appear very Epcot style, Harmonious looked Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom style. Luminous on the other hand looks SeaWorld as SeaWorld could pull off a show theme like this with Life... because animals share this experience aa well..You could say it could fit Animal Kingdom as well...

MickeyLuv'r

I thought it was okay, but my ability to watch it was compromised by an intoxicated group of folks near me who were very disruptive. One woman in the group used her phone camera through most of the show. She kept her flashlight on the whole time, so it was hard to completely ignore the distraction. She seemed sadly desperate for attention.

So I'd like to see it a second time before I form an opinion other than to say it is better than Harmonious.

JohnD

I saw it in person but really can't give a fair review. The December night I saw it, a cold front was blowing through and winds were more than 10 mph. I was really cold and the wind made it hard to hear. I liked it for what it was but need another viewing, hopefully this spring.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Wow I can't wait for a clear soundtrack release of Luminous but whoah and woW in the meantime I just listened to a B-Mode version clip of it without fireworks and the IP Music was very beautiful, it transitioned amazingly with each stage of life..I was surprised the coco and you got a friend in me music segment were short 4 of them were and it was good, it didn't look that way when I would skip through that firework part. When it comes to the soundtracks from all the shows since Illumination's I have no complaints they are so enjoyable to listen.. all we want is a unique Epcot show that is nostalgia, never tiring, and meaningful that Ilumination's ROE was for 20 years!

Tom Morrow

After watching it in person, there isn't really a poll option for my thoughts:

It's a decent show and probably the best we could get from current leadership. Notably better than Harmonious in most aspects. It still isn't really what an Epcot night show should be.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Since pretty much every choice has a negative tone to it, I don’t find any options I can choose. I actually quite enjoyed the show when I saw it in-person the first time a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom