Luau at Polynesian

Feta

Hey guys. I'm getting a last minute trip to WDW together for this weekend. We snagged a Florida resident rate at the Polynesian ($250/night - that's not too bad for the high season is it?). We've eaten all over the World, but are always looking for places we haven't tried yet. Does anyone have any recommendations about the Luau they have there? Is the food good? How 'bout the show? More importantly, is there any chance of getting 2 seats for this weekend? Any feedback would be great.

By the way, I LOVE O'hana for dinner - except the part where the little kids go running through the restaurant elbowing you and knocking into your table while they try to sweep coconuts across the floor. :hammer:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Spirit of Aloha

The show is nice, dancing is superior but story line is a little stretched.
Food is fine, served family style, and a fair amount of variety. Not what I would consider fine dining. Worth giving it a try.

Upvote 0

GenerationX

I liked the chicken and the rice dishes. The volcano desserts were good, too.

I agree with ClemsonTigger's assessment of the show. I would add that the first act of the show we saw had some (unintentionally funny) overacting. The second act was okay, and the third act was worth the price of admission alone.

As for kids, my 8 year old was kind of bored, my 6 year old was mesmerized, and my 4 year old slept through it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom