Loved Pop Century

teach2

We just returned from our 5th wedding anniversary trip and stayed at Pop Century from 7/3-7/10. I faxed a nice request letter 4 days before arriving and the honored everything I asked for and then some. We stayed in the 50's building in room 3422. This was great! Top floor, king size bed, non-smoking and quiet, overlooking hourglass lake. Plus, when we checked in we received a certificate honoring our wedding annivesary. Then on the 4th, they put balloons and a picture from Beauty & the Beast, signed to us for our anniversary, in our room. The only thing negative I have to say is that the room was a connected room and we could hear our neighbors voices. Also, the hair dryer doesn't have a lot of power and it took awhile to dry my hair.
Transportation from Pop Century had its ups and downs. Mostly good, but we did become frustrated when the line around dinner time to Downtown Disney was seriously 3 bus fulls long. The buses were always full going to and from Downtown Disney and if you got on at Pleasure Island, you were lucky because it was usually full and you had to wait. Also, the bus stops at every park was quite a ways away. I also wish they had people helping monitor the bus lines. There were so many people who would cut in front of others and didn't care how loud the others complained.
Just my two cents, but I can guarantee that we will visit the Pop Century again!

SewIn2Disney

I'm glad to hear you had a great time! Happy 5th anniversary and welcome to the boards too!

We just got back about two weeks ago and we also stayed in pop century, 50's building. I loved the 50's building, close to the food, busses, parking lot, lake, etc. Wasn't it cool that you could see Spaceship Earth (and Illuminations) from the top floor of the 50's building? (And you could see Tower of Terror and Fantasmic from the top floor of the 60's building!)

The busses were a concern for us too, we used the bus 50% of the time (our car for the other half) Mornings were the worst (obviously) and we thought they should have more then one bus at that time (especally for MK, because it's such a long ride, round trip, and took a long time for the bus to come back, and for AK, because it made two stops (and Blizzard Beach too) and tool long for it to come back as well).

The food court in the morning was also kind of crowded, but I guess that was to be expected.

All in all we loved the resort too! I took over 200 pictures of Pop Century alone!

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

I am so glad to hear you had a great time. I think the POP looks so neat. I can't wait to do resort hopping when I go in Dec. I know I will have TONS of pics from the POP.

Upvote 0

MDJ

Sounds great. We are going for our honeymoon, although we are bring my 8 yr. old daughter along with us. It is actually as much her decision as ours. We sure have no problem coming to DW. In the past, I have stayed at Fort Wilderness, and twice at ASMo. This year I was thinking about a moderate, but got to thinking that an 8 yr. old would enjoy the surroundings of Pop Century more than PO. Maybe when she gets to be 12 or so, we may try something a bit more mature. It is kind of funny, my daughter and I stayed for 9 days last time, and did what ever we wanted. We thought it was the trip of a lifetime, and probably wouldn't happen again for awhile. Now 3 years later, we are going for 11 days, and planning on doing whatever we want again. We have excellent seats to Cirque du Soleil, and we are going to the Hoop De Du Revue. ONe final thing, we are renting a car, just in case we don't want the fight the transportation system. The option makes it much more pleasant.

Mark

Upvote 0

col

that fab!

first of all let me say happy aniversary and WOW! im really glad that everyone had a great time at pop century thats fab. in december it will be my first time at pop century and i feel like im going to burst with excitment. cant wait to see the park figures from the top floors of the buildings. im going for 3 weeks and i cant wait i hope i have a great time just like everyone else.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom