Lovebugs!!!

animay

Dang. I just drove to FL a couple weeks ago (not for Disney) and my car got slammed by them. Took a while to get them all off. I was hoping they'd have diminished some. Guess I'll be car washing in the hotel parking lot. Stupid bugs. :brick:

figment1985

Those stupid bugs drove my fiancee and I CRAZY the other week when we were there!!! They were horrible! It was like WDW was in a plague or something.

bayoutinkbelle

Ah, lovebugs. The season where washing your car three or four times a week is normal. :lol:

There out and about here, but it's not too bad yet. Sounds like it's much worse in Florida. Good luck!

CoffeeJedi

Wow, dodged that bullet this year. I was there at the peak of lovebug season in 2003. Didn't see any this year until our second-to-last day, and it was just a few. On the last day, i saw considerably more, looks like we got out while the gettin' was good.

We love lovebugs. Why? Because they eat mosquitos.
Funny urban legend about love bugs, interestingly enough, they DON'T eat mosquitos, sorry guys, as usual, Snopes has the real story:
http://www.snopes.com/critters/lurkers/lovebugs.htm

Do they make any improv jokes at LMA when Herbie comes out? "The only love bug you actually WANT to see!"

metscool

I have never heard of "love bugs"...Are they the same as Lady Bugs?
Not even close. Those thing are two bugs. When you kill one the other is still alive. The look like there is only one hut there are two. My front grill of my car is all covered with these bugs. That remimes me that I wash my car.

CTXRover

I read they only live a day or two after mating. For how long do they stay around? I guess they come out every spring and fall to mate for a few weeks? Does it seem to be getting worse or better yet?

PotteryGal

Boy, you learn something new every day! I have never heard of these things -
the closest we come to an infestation of bugs here in Ohio are ladybugs. At least lovebugs don't bite - ladybugs are nasty!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom