Love DL but not so much WDW - Anyone else feel the same?

smooch

They both suffer from the same problems. What makes one better than the other depends upon how much you like what's still there.

I agree and disagree. They suffer from similar problems but each resort has their own unique set of problems as well. That said, I agree that it depends very much on what you enjoy more that's in the parks, but it also depends on your plans outside the parks as well potentially. It just depends on the type of trip you want, sometimes I would prefer to visit DLR but other times I am imagining a trip to WDW because I want that more destination feel. It is easier to go on a 5 day trip to WDW, but only spend 3 in the parks for example as you are directly in the Disney bubble with so much more to do outside of the parks. Not to say there's nothing around DLR to do, there are plenty of places to go, but you have to travel off property and arrange it all yourself. It isn't too big of a deal but I hope you get what I mean.

MouseMelly

So many of the same opinions! Grew up going to DL more often, but did WDW more as an adult/family. Went back to DLR a few years ago and found it was a break from so many of the exhausting (physically and mentally) issues that WDW has. It's so much cheaper since you can stay and eat offsite. Time is so much more well spent. This is in addition to the charm and beauty 💛💛
So, while I do want to visit WDW every now and then, I much prefer Disneyland for regular trips. 😁😁

Lil Copter Cap

I've only been to Disneyland once as a child, so I cannot speak to it in its current form. I will say that WDW provides a lot different experiences, which is something I value more than anything (at least currently) in my life. Starting my day at Magic Kingdom, taking the monorail to EPCOT for an afternoon stroll around World Showcase, ending my theme park night at Fantasmic via the Skyliner or Friendship boat is exciting. I'd then hop on to a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge for late night bread service at Sanaa.

I'm not saying something similar can't happen at DLR. I'm sure something akin to my above scenario is possible and the travel time would be cut drastically. It's different! Apples and oranges, as Texas84 mentioned!

I'm in the middle of a pre-trip plan for Disneyland and I'm hoping I'll be able to visit next year or the year after, dependent on the COVID crisis. Only then will I get to understand what it's currently like to take in the resort in Anaheim. But for now, I'm really thankful for the experiences WDW provides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom