Love Bugs...are they out yet?

The Mom

Premium Member
I spent the weekend outdoors in Sarasota, and didn't see a single Love Bug. Drove back to JAX without seeing any.

We did have an unusually cold spring, so that might have something to do with it. But they're usually here right on the May 1st, and again in Sept.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
None so far. I tend to agree with mom. We had an unusually harsh winter this year and that very well might have thinned the heard a bit. I can only hope the same will be true of the mosquito population.

Upvote 0

007mickey

Original Poster
I spent the weekend outdoors in Sarasota, and didn't see a single Love Bug. Drove back to JAX without seeing any.

We did have an unusually cold spring, so that might have something to do with it. But they're usually here right on the May 1st, and again in Sept.

This is what worries me, it's already the 10th. They will wait until it warms up just right around the end of the month for my trip and then swarm in the millions...I loathe the love bugs!

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

We got back 5 days ago and I am full of No-See-Em bug bites...I think those are different and smaller than the love bugs, right? These are small, much more itchy than mosquito bites, and I never realized I had been bitten until the next day. Stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, don't know if the vegetation or the time of year made a difference.

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

They are out. I had to clean 4 off the front of my car yesterday. A pair also landed on my shopping cart at Publix yesterday too. There are other bugs flying around also, first day of splats on my windshield in while.

Upvote 0

007mickey

Original Poster
They are out. I had to clean 4 off the front of my car yesterday. A pair also landed on my shopping cart at Publix yesterday too. There are other bugs flying around also, first day of splats on my windshield in while.

Only 4, my car will probably look like this truck...

ar118022326231363.jpg

Upvote 0

MaxsDad

Yes they were out last week. Some some at Beach Club. Some some splattered all over the front of cars.

It wasn't swarm like though. They were not a problem really, just there.

BTW, it was cool to see baby ducklings eat them right out of the air. I've stayed at AKL at least 6 times and not seen that kind of animal action.

Upvote 0

tizzo

Yes they were out last week. Some some at Beach Club. Some some splattered all over the front of cars.

Yeah, that's how it was here through yesterday. Today, a completely different story, at least out on the coast. The air is thick with them. Glad I didn't get my car washed last weekend...

Upvote 0

MissM

Yeah sadly, they're out now. Both here in Tampa and out along I-4 and in Orlando. We drove out to the outlet mall on Sunday and had a good number on our car. Other cars in the parking lot had large quantities on their fronts and grills as well.

It's not as bad as some years but yeah, they're out.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom