Love At First Sight.

real mad hatter

Ok,Heres my question.Have you ever arrived at a Disney resort and fell in love with it at first sight.Our first resort was CBR back in 2004 and although we had a great time,there wasn't a bond of love,our next resort two years later was POFQ.Once again we had a great time,but it was just a summer romance,then in 2008 we arrived at PORS. That was it,a match made in heaven.We checked in around 5.00pm and were booked into Parterre Place in the Mansion section.Walking over the bridge overlooking Sassagoula river and just looking around whilst following the coloured signs of where to go was memorising.So for our next two visits it has been PORS. Our next ( god willing ) trip is planned for 2014. Do we pick another resort,or do we remain faithful to our beloved Riverside.? What would you do.? If you have fallen in love with a resort do you go back,or try somewhere else.?;)

Stellajack

PORS is home. The first time we stayed there it was 'Dixie Landings' and both DH and I were completely smitten. I thought we would go back to AKL for our upcoming April trip, but DH put the kibosh on my plans. . . I think he said something like "I AM the one paying for this". Odd, I always thought 'what's his is mine and what's mine is mine!';)

Upvote 0

Allygator

PORS is home. The first time we stayed there it was 'Dixie Landings' and both DH and I were completely smitten. I thought we would go back to AKL for our upcoming April trip, but DH put the kibosh on my plans. . . I think he said something like "I AM the one paying for this". Odd, I always thought 'what's his is mine and what's mine is mine!';)
Well when it comes to Disney let him pick. Not like you can go wrong. Lol

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

We too were true to POR for several years and my DH wanted to "stray" and take a look-see at the WL. For some reason our first visit took us thru the front doors of the lobby and the rest is history. Both our mouths just dropped when walking thru those doors, it was THAT beautiful. While I would love to try the Beach Club sometime just to be so close to EPCOT, I don't think I could pry my husband's knuckles from the WL.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Trick question Hatter .... Our first visit was at *Dixie Landings* in 1992 or 93??? Then booked at the Contemporary, then Poly, etc, etc. We fell in love with the Disney *vibe* wherever we stayed. its not the resort, its the overall *vibe* ... I will admit, the transportation options are why we pick deluxes, but overall, anywhere within the bubble, you can't beat the feelin!!

Upvote 0

luv

Beach Club. It was my first WDW hotel and I was very excited about the vacation. The bright, happy, airy, cheerful gate, building and lobby (especially the flowers they had then) couldn't have fit my mood any better than they did. It's changed a bit over the years. I prefer it the old way.

I loved sitting on the full balcony (of which the place has very few) and looking at BWI in the morning...and at night.

I did love the Beach Club.

But eventually I got tired of paying for Club Level and didn't want to take a chance on getting a room without a proper balcony and I had to bail on my beloved Beach Club. Haven't slept there in years and years.

AKL, too. And CBR, to an extent. But BC was first.

And that's it. I like most of the hotels, but AKL and BC were the only ones I truly fell in love with at WDW.

Also adore PBH and RPH at Uni. And if we are talking off both Uni and WDW...hello, Gaylord Palms! Gorgeous!!

Upvote 0

Bowler Hat Girl

My favorite resort of all time is the Contemporary...and yet, I don't know that I could say it was love at first sight. I was only two years old when I first saw it, and then it was just part of the Disney skyline for me. After all this time, it feels like home. But, I do love to resort hop, and for years, nothing I saw at any of the resorts made me think I HAD to stay there. I've stayed at a few now to try them out, and I enjoy them all.

However, I have to say I fell head over heels the first time I walked into Animal Kingdom Lodge. I wasn't expecting to walk in and basically jaw-drop as I tried to take in the details of that lobby. I'm not even the biggest animal fan ever, but the theming in that resort took my breath away. It also helped that the reason I was there in the first place was to enjoy Boma for breakfast! I will be staying there first time this September, and I could easily see this becoming "home" once I've done it :)

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Alright I'll play along....

I can't afford my first 'love' You see her name's Poly and she's a debutante. Me? Well I'm middle class trouble maker from the wrong side of the tracks.
Her dad Mickey says that fling I had with her is a thing of the past, and I can't see her again until I make something of myself.

I've had some good and bad relationships since then, one lady that was high class but was actually a real animal and most recently a bad run with a chick from the Carribbean.

I'm happy now though..I've since settled down with a nice girl from New Orleans, specifically the FQ area (she's got a hot sister that's dating some guy from Scotland) but every once in a while I still think fondly about that one brief affair in May and my girl Poly.
Brilliant!!

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Ok,Heres my question.Have you ever arrived at a Disney resort and fell in love with it at first sight.Our first resort was CBR back in 2004 and although we had a great time,there wasn't a bond of love,our next resort two years later was POFQ.Once again we had a great time,but it was just a summer romance,then in 2008 we arrived at PORS. That was it,a match made in heaven.We checked in around 5.00pm and were booked into Parterre Place in the Mansion section.Walking over the bridge overlooking Sassagoula river and just looking around whilst following the coloured signs of where to go was memorising.So for our next two visits it has been PORS. Our next ( god willing ) trip is planned for 2014. Do we pick another resort,or do we remain faithful to our beloved Riverside.? What would you do.? If you have fallen in love with a resort do you go back,or try somewhere else.?;)

I love this thread!! I just found it!!

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

POLY was my love at first sight. :p We were in the world for our first visit staying at POP and had the car and drove to POLY to eat with Lilo & Stitch and then ride the monorail into the park... Finally stayed there last Thanksgiving for a week. Was not disappointed. However in between POP and POLY, stayed at the BC...and I got to say if I were to become a DVC member I would probably make BC my home resort...just love everything about it....:)
However right now I am in the process of trying every resort at WDW so I want to come back to this thread in a couple of years to see if BC still feels like home after I have experienced all the resorts..and if I still secretly love the POLY best...because I loved it first even before I got to stay there..:p
My opinion is... you should try something new at some point:eek: but if PORS is your "home" then always come back to her...:)

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

I am love with the Beach Club. I stayed there once and now dream of staying there again. Don't know if it'll happen but I still go and visit it on one of my Epcot days.
haha me too! Paid rack room rate and stayed at the POLY at Thanksgiving and found myself at the BC/YC on the porch in a rocker two separate days just people watching!! Then ate at Beaches & Cream on both occasions...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom