Love At First Sight.

real mad hatter

Ok,Heres my question.Have you ever arrived at a Disney resort and fell in love with it at first sight.Our first resort was CBR back in 2004 and although we had a great time,there wasn't a bond of love,our next resort two years later was POFQ.Once again we had a great time,but it was just a summer romance,then in 2008 we arrived at PORS. That was it,a match made in heaven.We checked in around 5.00pm and were booked into Parterre Place in the Mansion section.Walking over the bridge overlooking Sassagoula river and just looking around whilst following the coloured signs of where to go was memorising.So for our next two visits it has been PORS. Our next ( god willing ) trip is planned for 2014. Do we pick another resort,or do we remain faithful to our beloved Riverside.? What would you do.? If you have fallen in love with a resort do you go back,or try somewhere else.?;)

lovepooh

It took us a few times ourself, our first time was at the All-Stars, wasnt really our cup of tea, rooms were on the small side and the bus issue was not fun, then we went to CBR, it was nice but hated that it took forever to get on the bus to leave the resort to the park, then we found FQ, for us that was it! Love the small nice quaint resort. love the boat to downtown disney, my kids loved the pool thats been our happy place, this will be the 3rd time we have stayed there and probably will until we can afford to do the YC or Poly one day, for now we are very happy with our FQ "home" :)

Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Our first trip was in 2006 and we stayed at PORS. Our room was all the way back in building 24 but that never stop my love affair....Once I started walking around the paths...oh be still my heart. ~sigh~

Since then we have tried out different resorts but this year we are coming back to PORS!! (I must say though it is my affair not my husbands, we were orginally set to stay at POFQ because my husband likes to try new resorts but due to discount offers I now get to see my old fling :D)

Upvote 0

Britt

The Cabins are definitely my "love at first sight"! Which is funny, because I'm not a fan of log cabins, or the insider decorations.

But it was soooooo remote. It was so nice to spend a day at the parks, and then come "home"! The kids could go in the back room and nap while watching a movie! Husband and I could be in the front room relaxing and we never ever heard our neighbors (except when they brought us cookies!!)

I loved the trails, the walk to the pool, the boat ride to MK....it was just perfect for us.

The claustrophobic feelings at the park would go away instantly when you got there and could just spread out!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Alright I'll play along....

I can't afford my first 'love' You see her name's Poly and she's a debutante. Me? Well I'm middle class trouble maker from the wrong side of the tracks.
Her dad Mickey says that fling I had with her is a thing of the past, and I can't see her again until I make something of myself.

I've had some good and bad relationships since then, one lady that was high class but was actually a real animal and most recently a bad run with a chick from the Carribbean.

I'm happy now though..I've since settled down with a nice girl from New Orleans, specifically the FQ area (she's got a hot sister that's dating some guy from Scotland) but every once in a while I still think fondly about that one brief affair in May and my girl Poly.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Oh how true this is...we picked WL for our 2010 trip b/c it was our girls' first trip, it was a Dec trip, and I thought the decorations and lobby would make for the perfect 1st trip experience. Now, WL is stunning, but I didn't feel the love. Had this trip taken place at any other time of year, we would have stayed at the Contemporary...and when we went to dinner that night at Chef MIckey's, I'd realized I made a mistake in picking WL. I kept looking at the Contemporary's less than stunning holiday decor and kept trying to convince myself that I'd made the right choice, but the reality was that I just love the Contemporary. AKL, YC, and the Poly really didn't do much for us. The GF, BC, and BW have been the only resorts where I've felt some of that love and I'd probably consider stays at all 3 for that reason...but nothing like what I feel when I walk into the Contemporary. :)

Upvote 0

PUSH

We stay faithful to POR. Although if we had unlimited money we'd try Boardwalk. I wouldn't say POR was love at first sight though. The first time I ever went there was when we were visiting friends who were staying there when we were over at CBR. We ate at the food court and I can say I didn't like their food court at all. However, now I love their food court. I love everything about POR and we won't be switching resorts. At least until we get the opportunity for a deluxe! :)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Alright I'll play along....

I can't afford my first 'love' You see her name's Poly and she's a debutante. Me? Well I'm middle class trouble maker from the wrong side of the tracks.
Her dad Mickey says that fling I had with her is a thing of the past, and I can't see her again until I make something of myself.

I've had some good and bad relationships since then, one lady that was high class but was actually a real animal and most recently a bad run with a chick from the Carribbean.

I'm happy now though..I've since settled down with a nice girl from New Orleans, specifically the FQ area (she's got a hot sister that's dating some guy from Scotland) but every once in a while I still think fondly about that one brief affair in May and my girl Poly.
Who's a bad Shookie!;)

Upvote 0

Gonzo79

We've have stayed at PORS twice and Wilderness Lodge and fell immediately in love with both of them.But Wilderness Lodge comes out on top as my favorite. Love absolutly everthing about the place.I do have a new love too though.After visiting the Poly on our last trip,it was definitely love at first sight. Hopefully we'll be able to stay there some day.

Upvote 0

Allygator

We were at FQ last March which was really nice. My daughter and I went to Riverside for a carriage ride and both agreed we should stay there next time. I called to book a room at Riverside for September knowing my husband would love it and was talked into the upgrade to Wilderness Lodge. I hope my husband doesn't find it too crowded. Riverside just seems more secluded to me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom