Lost and Found

JohnD

Original Poster
Sometimes dreams really do come true and you get your lost item back. It’s a little smelly and worn but something a good wash in the dishwasher won’t fix.

I really wasn’t expecting anything to come of my submission but WDW returned this magic this time.

Attachments

• C7C9E32B-4273-46F4-9EFC-C65CB8D9636E.jpeg
    C7C9E32B-4273-46F4-9EFC-C65CB8D9636E.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 2652EDF3-E3B8-48DF-9BCC-17C5488DB608.jpeg
    2652EDF3-E3B8-48DF-9BCC-17C5488DB608.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 190

Paper straw fan

Where did they find it, and what condition was it previously in?

ive found their lost and found to be tremendous. My wife lost my wedding ring on Frozen and they’d found it by the time we walked back to the front. I’d told her it was gone, and let’s just continue on, but we went, and sure enough.

She also lost prescription glasses At HS and they were there. Since then, anything I find at WDW I immediately turn in... pay it forward

NelleBelle

ive found their lost and found to be tremendous. My wife lost my wedding ring on Frozen and they’d found it by the time we walked back to the front. I’d told her it was gone, and let’s just continue on, but we went, and sure enough.

She also lost prescription glasses At HS and they were there. Since then, anything I find at WDW I immediately turn in... pay it forward
Boy, they must be better than DLR (I know we had good luck in the past, like 15 yrs ago finding my toddler's lost sandals that were left on a bus). Last year I lost my prescription Ray Ban sunglasses and no luck...I think someone stole them thinking they were regular sunglasses (fools). Those were SO expensive but luckily I had taken out replacement insurance on all my glasses and they were able to be replaced. But that still left me without sunglasses when SoCal was having an unseasonably HOT and SUNNY Nov! Ah well, glad you found your wedding ring--so much more important than sunglasses!!! WOW!

Paper straw fan

I did lose sunglasses there myself, and didn’t go look for them, but I think I was out $5 tops for mine. (If that, they may have been a giveaway somewhere) I lost a pair of Ray Bans before, thus it was my last expensive pair of sunglasses (hence the cheap ones I lose now!) but that stinks. From my wife I know how much those cost, so I was glad hers were returned

I assume I’ve been very lucky, but even so I’ve made it a point to take anything I’ve found there to an employee - a sports wallet with no ID and $5, an earring, a gift bag with a plush toy..

NelleBelle

First, lost and found at WDW is surprisingly wonderful as a whole.

Second, what is that fancy hat washing contraption you have there? Am I that out of touch that I have never seen one?
LOL--by brother had one of those probably 25 yrs ago for his baseball hat collection--you put you ball cap in it and it keeps your brim "straight" and there's a form for the "cap" part and you can stick in in the dish washer!

Surfin' Tuna

LOL--by brother had one of those probably 25 yrs ago for his baseball hat collection--you put you ball cap in it and it keeps your brim "straight" and there's a form for the "cap" part and you can stick in in the dish washer!
So I am only 25 years behind on the times... that's good to know. In other news I'm thinking about buying a DVD player

JohnD

Original Poster

I went to the L&F page on the WDW website and filled out their online form. I reported that I lost it in MK. I described it as green with “classic Mickey”, not the current version where his eyes look wider. I never expected to get it back. It’s also possible the cap I got is not mine but another one because they could have had more of these in L&F inventory. Regardless, I’m happy I got this one back.

Last edited:

JohnD

Original Poster
I love it. I wash my caps using it after every trip. In this case, the returned cap was a little worn and smelly. Just washed it. Good as new!
21502BAE-622E-4A4F-84F3-5A40BC0A87A1.jpeg

JohnD

Original Poster
😂 Actually, I'm really surprised the OP had one of those!! I haven't seen one of those contraptions since my brother was a young lad!
I’ve had it a while. Can’t remember where I got it. WalMart? Bed Bath and Beyond? Just searched “cap washer” on Amazon and similar versions came up.

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I’ve had it a while. Can’t remember where I got it. WalMart? Bed Bath and Beyond?

I think I mailordered mine from a catalog in the late 90s. It's in my laundry room, don't think we've ever used it. In fact, I'm glad I stumbled into this thread--if I ever would have tried to wash a cap in that contraption, it would've been in the washing machine and now I know it's meant to go in the dishwasher!

Goofyernmost

I've never lost anything (other than my patience) while at WDW, but I did find something once. I found a wallet. It had five $10.00 bills in it with nothing else. No ID, nothing. Man it was so tempting to just say to myself, I just found some extra spending money for the trip. But, my upbringing jumped out in front of me and I remembered my two girls who were 6 and 8 years old at the time, and decided I needed to set an example, so I gave it to a CM. I couldn't help feeling that it never got any further then the CM, but it wouldn't be fair to assume that. I did wonder, like I would have, if the family that lost that just figured that cash with no ID was probably lost forever. I'm sure someone, possible a youngster, had their trip at least slightly tainted by the loss.

JohnD

Original Poster
I've never lost anything (other than my patience) while at WDW, but I did find something once. I found a wallet. It had five $10.00 bills in it with nothing else. No ID, nothing. Man it was so tempting to just say to myself, I just found some extra spending money for the trip. But, my upbringing jumped out in front of me and I remembered my two girls who were 6 and 8 years old at the time, and decided I needed to set an example, so I gave it to a CM. I couldn't help feeling that it never got any further then the CM, but it wouldn't be fair to assume that. I did wonder, like I would have, if the family that lost that just figured that cash with no ID was probably lost forever. I'm sure someone, possible a youngster, had their trip at least slightly tainted by the loss.

You would like to think someone reported it lost describing as "a wallet with $50 in it. Nothing else". Who else would know that other than the person who reported it lost? Hopefully they got it back.

Paper straw fan

We ran into a family in AK that lost a bag that apparently had everything essential in it- money, credit cards, ID’s, their keys... I’m sure there was a lesson in there about maybe keeping that stuff safer/not letting it out of sight, but man... they were in a real bind. We helped look and got management involved, but when we finally moved on there was no resolution yet.. but dang. I can’t even imagine losing my keys there- much less pretty much all my relevant stuff.

And on the $50 wallet, younger, poorer me would have likely kept that, slightly older, slightly less poor me turns that in. You just hope someone would if it’s yours- and by the sound of it, that was probably a young-ish kid (pre driving age at least) who probably had been given/saved some $$ to spend while there. Hopefully he got it back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom