Losing the Disney Magic!

Ella's Mommy

Original Poster
Help! I was just a wdw in Dec and got engaged. Well unfortunately he turned out to be mr. wrong and now I am not really excited to go back b/c of the memory. All my life I only wanted to take the man I was going to marry to Disney and now its ruined! I have a trip next Dec and that is a long time for me to wait b/c I usually go every four months. But I find myself dreading going b/c of him:fork: I am one of the biggest disney fanatics out there but this is really throwing me for a loop. Has anyone benn in a similar situation and what should I do to get the magic back?:(

Dragonrider1227

Don't let some guy ruin your vacation. Go and enjoy it. Best of all, if you go back and enjoy it, it could be a good way to spite him. They say the best revenge is living well. :D

disneypearl

:wave: Don't let this guy ruin anything else for you. Go to create new & better memories. You will have a great time! Go and enjoy yourself! :wave:

orlandorealtor

Feelings brought on by memories are hard to erase, but it's possible. It's like when a certain song reminds you of a time in your life or situation, be it good or bad...but if you listen to it enough in different situations, the feelings change. If it's bad enough that it might ruin your vacation, try to do things that you didn't do the last time. Disney World is a big place, try some new things and make some new memories. If just going to the theme parks are enough to ignite sour feelings...well...have a couple drinks suck it up. It'll get better.

SarahBella82

my guess is that the magic of disney originated somewhere in your psyche (or, forgive the cheese factor, somewhere inside of you). it's so easy to associate people with events or places, but it's equally important to figure out why that place (or that person) is important to you. this could be complete rubbish, but try to think about all of the memories you have from your previous trips, all the wonderful, faithful people you've spent time with in the parks over the years (and it sounds like you've visited many, many times, so you've gotta have a massive cache of memories!). maybe try to re-associate special places with other special memories.

and, just as an editorial comment, you're probably better off without him.

jrobinson424

you should write to Dr. Phil and get on with your life. Also, be very thankful that you didn't marry the guy. Don't ever get married, it will suck the life right out of you.

barnum42

DiZZneyPriCeSS said:
Has anyone benn in a similar situation and what should I do to get the magic back?:(
Well, not the same, but several years ago I thought I had met Miss Right. I would love to have taken her to Disney World, but sadly it all blew up in my face and I was miserable for several Months.

That is, until I took a trip to Disney World. That cured me. I realised I was cured in that I had not thought once about her since arriving until a bus pulled up at the hotel that had her name on the side in six foot high letters! The Disney Magic helped pull me out of a rut.

So, I think the what you loved about the place will be stronger than anything Mr Wrong could have done to affect it.

egionet

Just be glad you don't have to spend and waste anymore of your fabulous WDW vacations with him again. It's so hard to get over someone you love. We've all be in the situation. But certainly don't let this guy ruin your Disney love. Go back have a great time. And definitely do everything that YOU want to do. Now you don't have to split any of your valuable vacation time with someone who doesn't appreciate everything that is wonderful and great about you. Possibly make it a girls only trip, and that way you'll have no reason to remember him.

And when all else fails, go and feed him to the Yeti. I'm sure he could use the snack.

col

his loss!!!!! forget about that loser (to put it nicely).

you can always make new memories at disneyworld. go by yourself if your up to it, its soooo much fun im going again next year but staying longer and going to a deluxe resort:sohappy: :sohappy: .

forget about him, who needs him anyway.

nothing gets me down on my vacation coz i always think how lucky i am to be at WDW and i cant help smile and i always make the most of everything. boys come and go so enjoy yourself at WDW!!!!!!

LouDisney

I agree with everyone, don't let him ruin this for you. Go and have a great time. Once you get there, you will remember what WDW was like and the feeling you had there before you meet him.

PigletIsMyCat

jrobinson424 said:
you should write to Dr. Phil and get on with your life. Also, be very thankful that you didn't marry the guy. Don't ever get married, it will suck the life right out of you.

Ouch. Marriage is a wonderful thing between the right two people. It does not suck the life out of you! On the contrary, it is a wholly fulfilling and enriching experience between the right two people.

Sadly, this man was not your right person. I have two pieces of advice for you:

1) Learn from this. All losses are easier to work through if you can learn from it. Instead of concentrating on what we did, what went wrong, how much I hurt, think about what you have learned, even little things. Everything is a learning experience, and things like breakups are no different.

2) Agreeing with a bunch of other people, GO TO DISNEY!! Go by yourself, with a parent or sibling, or with a close friend and make your own memories. There was something 'Disney' in you before you met this guy, and it's still there.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
For a minute, I thought the cruise ship was missing....

But on a serious note. I would go, have fun, and show yourself that Disney Magic is what you make out of it. Not what others make it for you.

tharmscott

I can kinda relate. In September 2002 I went through a divorce. Prior to the divorce we had booked a trip to WDW. The girls still wanted their daddy to come so I gave in and he went with us. That was the most miserable trip I ever took. Two years later I took the girls back for my first single mom trip. It was the best trip I ever had to WDW. We did things their daddy wouldn't let us do on previous trips. Don't let him ruin it for you. Go and make your own magic!!!!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There are plenty more men out there!

*and some of us are "Mr. Right"*

:lookaroun ... really!

:drevil:

Go back, be happy! Disney is a great distraction!

Nicole

Well it sounds like the Disney memories are happy ones (you didn't break up at Disney, right?) and so maybe you need to replace the memories of that trip with new memories.

OR plan a trip to DL or one of the other worldwide parks to get the magic back.

Senderella

DiZZneyPriCeSS said:
Help! I was just a wdw in Dec and got engaged. Well unfortunately he turned out to be mr. wrong and now I am not really excited to go back b/c of the memory. All my life I only wanted to take the man I was going to marry to Disney and now its ruined! I have a trip next Dec and that is a long time for me to wait b/c I usually go every four months. But I find myself dreading going b/c of him:fork: I am one of the biggest disney fanatics out there but this is really throwing me for a loop. Has anyone benn in a similar situation and what should I do to get the magic back?:(

It sounds to me like you had the magic & Disney before he was around. Why let him ruin your "previous relationship" with Disney? I say go and lose yourself in the magic and not give him a single thought. Easier said than done. I've been in the same situation. I'd imagine going back to Disney would be a lot easier than your run of the mill every day places.

CAPTAIN HOOK

DiZZneyPriCeSS said:
..........and what should I do to get the magic back?:(
The magic will ALWAYS be there - you're just associating "wrong man + Disney = Painful Memory". The next time you go to WDW (with new man on your arm) those currently unhappy memories will be a long way behind you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom