Loop info for newbie

kennedy

Original Poster
Okay, so I've tried to figure this out by searching previous threads and by going to mousebits, but I can't...

I would like to know if there are websites or somewhere where people can download WDW park loops (the park music). I know there are previous threads on this, but I couldn't follow them. If there are such places, I need someone to walk me through this... For example, somone said in another thread that the Epcot Future World loop was on the "front page" of mousebits, but I couldn't even find that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

WDWEric

I have also wanted to find these, Good Luck people on these boards frown upon people downloading these. they feel we should just buy the CD's that have these on them, Hopefully somebody will give us a link.

DisneyDellsDude

Mousebits has TONS of Disney park audio.
They go through torrents, which are a special type of file.

First, you must become a member of that site. (Mousebits)
Second, get a Client. A client is a program that you can download for free that will open torrent files.

I have ABC, and that is a very good client.

Third, Mousebits then has TONS of torrent files. Download one of those from Mousebits (whatever music you want) and open it with your client.

Clients then go taking bits from what other people have already downloaded and gives them to you. (This means your a leecher at that point) Depending on the file size, it could take a while to download the music. Oh. They also have TONS of videos there too!!! Martin from this site has extremely good videos that he made that you can get there.

Once you are done, you will have the audio/video file you want. So you can play it on the computer, put it on an ipod, put it on a CD, DVD, whatever. Then you can keep your client running and you'll become a seeder. That means your letting other people connect to your client and are giving bits to them (like sharing).

That is basically the jist of things.
Ask more questions if you need to. :)

kennedy

Original Poster
I should also mention that I'm not opposed to purchasing these loops. But I'm looking for the actual park loops, and I'm not aware of any place you can purchase those. The only exception is that I have the AK park CD, which includes some of that park's loops. I also have the Illuminations/Reflections of Earth CD.

DisneyDellsDude

I should also mention that I'm not opposed to purchasing these loops. But I'm looking for the actual park loops, and I'm not aware of any place you can purchase those. The only exception is that I have the AK park CD, which includes some of that park's loops. I also have the Illuminations/Reflections of Earth CD.

There is no place to purchase Disney park audio besides a handfull of CDs Disney has out.

Mousebits has tons (and by tons I mean days and days worth) of Park Loops, attraction loops, and other stuff. A LOT of park audio that you can get from Mousebits is source audio. Mousebits was made to give Disney Park Music fans a place to get music that is not sold anywhere else. It's not illegal to use Mousebits at all.

Also, torrents usually have more than 1 piece of audio in them. Some have even up to 100 tracks in them. Torrents just group stuff together to make it easy and more organized to download.

comics101

When you go to WDW, you should be able to find something. I've got several CDs with music from the parks.

dolbyman

What about viruses? Couldn't you get one by sharing files?

sharing means offering not downloading .. you can't get a virus by giving away stuff .. only by getting files

and you only get video and audio files from mousebits they can't contain viruses .. and the rare files that differ from that scheme are admin/mod checked so you are 100% safe with using mousebits !

little hint: an up to date virus scanner is never a bad idea !

kubfish

IF you have access to usenet/newsgroups there are some disney loops and albums floating around. Usually your ISP gives some sort of access to these groups.

I show a lot of the WDW Loops in the following group:
alt.binaries.multimedia.disney.parks

doop

I get everything from mousebits, and I would suggest using utorrent, very lightweight client and easy to use. And if you're new to using torrents, there are so many guides on the internet on how to use them, try a google search.

Epcotian

Okay, I've gone to mousebits and I've downloaded uTorrent. I haven't actually created a user account at mousebits though. Is that why all I see are the forums, or am I missing the link somewhere?

Thanks!

Okay, I've gone to mousebits and I've downloaded uTorrent. I haven't actually created a user account at mousebits though. Is that why all I see are the forums, or am I missing the link somewhere?

Thanks!

Yes there is a link on the front page to become a member, you must register in order to see the available torrents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom