Looks like I am going to be using the CP Busses this summer!!! (Gas Prices)

radiohost

Original Poster
With gas already over $3.00 and predictions that this summer we'll see gas at or above $4.00, I will be using the College Program busses to travel to and from work during my time while in Florida. I already stated on another thread 'tips on how to save money' that I am on a budget this time around, and theres no better way to save than to not drive to work everyday.

Radiohost:cool:

Scar Junior

I've been thinking just using the busses as well. I've been planning on buying a car before I go down, but it's going to be pretty expensive on CP wages. It's more than just the gas prices though... I'll save quite a bit if I go a few months without having to pay car insurance. Only time will tell.

WDWKat26

That's definitely a good idea. However, it's not bad to have a car down in Disney as well. You know, for those times that you want to go to the Beach, and other non-Disney locations other than Wal-Mart. Plus, i've heard people say they don't want to rely on the busses just because sometimes they are late, slow, etc. Also, you never know when you might wake up late one morning and don't want to wait for the bus. But, taking the busses in general is a great idea. I'd love to have a bus ride to and from my place after i've been drinking at PI!

joanna71985

With gas already over $3.00 and predictions that this summer we'll see gas at or above $4.00, I will be using the College Program busses to travel to and from work during my time while in Florida. I already stated on another thread 'tips on how to save money' that I am on a budget this time around, and theres no better way to save than to not drive to work everyday.

Radiohost:cool:

Your gas prices are over $3.00?! Here they are still around $2.83-85, thank goodness.

sum41914

The Hess stations on Disney Property I found weren't too bad when the Chevron outside Vista was a full .30+ more than anyone else. Im taking the buses as well this summer.

-Sum

bigbelcher88

buses

Does anyone know if theres a good public transportation system around the area- besides the ones provided- in case I decide to go exploring on my days off. I know I'm going to try and make friendds that have cars but I realy don't mind busses and I wan't to do EVERYTHING i can while I'm down there and don't want to rely on people to help me. I wouldn't walking a mile or two or paying a small bus fare if I could just take a day and go exploring around orlando.

joanna71985

Does anyone know if theres a good public transportation system around the area- besides the ones provided- in case I decide to go exploring on my days off. I know I'm going to try and make friendds that have cars but I realy don't mind busses and I wan't to do EVERYTHING i can while I'm down there and don't want to rely on people to help me. I wouldn't walking a mile or two or paying a small bus fare if I could just take a day and go exploring around orlando.

I believe there is a city bus line- the LYNX bus line.

Krozar

Aye read up on the LYNX and the shuttle services in central Florida. Without a car you can still get everywhere if you check up on this stuff. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom