Looks like Florida/Orlando may be in for a tropical storm

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It will not be anything to worry about. Even if this thing were to defy all the models and make a direct hit on the state, it will amount to no more than your average northeastern storm.

The coast is going to see some rough surf and we are going to get some rain along the I-95 corridor. That is about it.

Epcotfan21

It will not be anything to worry about. Even if this thing were to defy all the models and make a direct hit on the state, it will amount to no more than your average northeastern storm.

The coast is going to see some rough surf and we are going to get some rain along the I-95 corridor. That is about it.
Floridians be like "wake me up when there's a Cat 3 outside"

Raineman

I feel like a bit of a selfish idiot whenever a hurricane/tropical storm is headed to central Florida-the first thing I think of isn't "I hope everyone stays safe and no one gets hurt", it's more along the lines of "I hope the storm doesn't do much damage to WDW" (Hurricane Irma hit a month and a half before our last visit, our next visit is in 2 months, and here come the storms!) I do want everyone to come out of each storm/hurricane OK, don't get me wrong, but I have visions of the storms pulling the castle up out the ground like Dorothy's house in the Wizard Of Oz. :D

JIMINYCR

I feel like a bit of a selfish idiot whenever a hurricane/tropical storm is headed to central Florida-the first thing I think of isn't "I hope everyone stays safe and no one gets hurt", it's more along the lines of "I hope the storm doesn't do much damage to WDW" (Hurricane Irma hit a month and a half before our last visit, our next visit is in 2 months, and here come the storms!) I do want everyone to come out of each storm/hurricane OK, don't get me wrong, but I have visions of the storms pulling the castle up out the ground like Dorothy's house in the Wizard Of Oz. :D
Same here. When Dorian was looking like it was headed straight in and would run over Orlando as a cat 5, DS and I had conversations about possible damage and how it would affect our trip that was at the time 240 + days. And then we thought about our friends who live in Orlando.

Floridians be like "wake me up when there's a Cat 3 outside"
Well it is the season. Similar to us in ME thinking about snowstorms burying us in Jan/Feb. Been there... done that.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
"Looks like Florida/Orlando may be in for a tropical storm"

... or not...

JIMINYCR

DS arrived in Orlando last night. He is at DS right now. He FaceTimed us and said there was rain earlier but now cleared up with blue skies. Watching him walk through DS while I'm here is killing me.

spacemtnfanatic

Same here. When Dorian was looking like it was headed straight in and would run over Orlando as a cat 5, DS and I had conversations about possible damage and how it would affect our trip that was at the time 240 + days. And then we thought about our friends who live in Orlando.

Not gonna lie, I wouldn’t necessarily want to be those friends. Sounds like you have your priorities more than a little backward.

JIMINYCR

Not gonna lie, I wouldn’t necessarily want to be those friends. Sounds like you have your priorities more than a little backward.
Naah. Theyve lived down there for many years and have been through it many times. They were well prepared as always and we were in touch with them by Skype throughout this one and all the others.

wendysue

Pretty sure we just had one of those in N. Illinois. I think we had one last week, too. Nothing but rain, rain, rain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom