Looking to Join the Walt Disney Corporation

blackjakkal

Original Poster
Hello 2nd Time Ever Posting

My career goal is to work for the Walt Disney Corporation. I desire to work for WDC for three major reasons.
>> A childhood dream
>> The corporate culture of progressive yet traditional thinking
>> Its market strength and its history

I plan to enroll in the CP during my graduation year. I would enroll sooner but currently I am employed in position that builds my resume. Right now I work in a basic Managerial position at Technical Help Desk working with Management Information Systems.

Once I begin my eight month internship how can I increase my chances of finding a position in the field of Information Management, Operational Management, or even Theme Park Operations?

Best Regards,
Ty

Captain Hank

The CP is a good gateway into the company. After the CP, you can go on to apply for Professional Internships with specific buisness units that more closely align with your interests. I know there are Professional Internships available in the field of Labor Operations that might be of interest to you. Once you start with the CP, start asking around and try to set up a meet and greet with a leader in the area you're considering applying to. Your local area leaders and the Disney Learning Center would be good places to ask.

Lindsy1052

When you are here try and do as many different things that are offered to you. Talk with leades in various departments. Bear in mind most of the higher paying jobs are promoted from within, so you have to be prepared to work for very little money for a while. Disney is not known for paying great salaries.

Mattwhitney

What about Post-Grad/Post-Career Jobs

I am an Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army. I speak Mandarin Chinese with an MA in Asian Studies from Cornell; and a BA in Marketing (international) from BYU. For the last 20 years I have been an active duty army officer. I started by specializing in intelligence and security for 12 years the moved into the Foreign Area Officer job for the last 8. I have had between 20 and 120 employees answer to me. Currently teach Chinese at the United States Military Academy. Served 2.5 years in Korea, 1 year in China, and 1 year as an Advisor to the Iraqi Army in Baghdad (returned Jan 07).

Is there anything at Disney that I could do after such a life? I am looking for a second career starting in the 60K range. Is it madness to look to a company I love first to find something for me? Available Summer '09.

Anyone have any ideas?

Lindsy1052

I am an Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army. I speak Mandarin Chinese with an MA in Asian Studies from Cornell; and a BA in Marketing (international) from BYU. For the last 20 years I have been an active duty army officer. I started by specializing in intelligence and security for 12 years the moved into the Foreign Area Officer job for the last 8. I have had between 20 and 120 employees answer to me. Currently teach Chinese at the United States Military Academy. Served 2.5 years in Korea, 1 year in China, and 1 year as an Advisor to the Iraqi Army in Baghdad (returned Jan 07).

Is there anything at Disney that I could do after such a life? I am looking for a second career starting in the 60K range. Is it madness to look to a company I love first to find something for me? Available Summer '09.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sorry to say the 60K range is way out of Disney's range. Managers make about 25k and the ones I worked with have been with the company over 20 years. Disney is not for making money unless you are one of the executives.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom