looking for the best view of the MK from the poly, GF or contemporary

chris@carolinac

MK from the Contemp

I think I've seen the MK from all the places you mentioned; mostly from the Contemp, least from the Poly. I've never stayed in a room at any of those resports, but you can see the castle from each of them.

Since structures within the MK are not as tall as one might think, they aren't that easily seen from ground level.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I think the best outside-looking-in location is the observation deck on the 15th floor of the Contemporary Resort. (The link is to an image I found on WebShots and edited a bit.)

I have heard that the deck is closed at times; or that you have to have reservations at the California Grille to get on the elevator; but every time I've been I was able to visit without issue. It can be a prime spot for viewing the MK fireworks, and the music is piped in.

Regardless, a meal in the California Grille would include a view.

Upvote 0

darrin933

I would say poly. I have stayed in all 3 resorts but if you are looking for height then it would be contemporary hands down. You can always go to the observation deck at the California grill without staying at the Contemporary. But at least at the poly if you want to kick back on a beach during the day to relax mk is right infront of you. Also one of the longhouses at the poly have very big lagoon few rooms. It depends how much you want to spend, but I would say poly. plus at the poly you can get to mk by boat or monorail. You can also do this at gf. this is just my opinion but also at the poly you can lay on your bed and see the castle with a lagoon view, you cant at the others. Poly here I come congierge lagoon view on July 3-9

Upvote 0

EMThompsen

Here's a picture from our room at The Contemporary early in the morning as the fog was burning off

Attachments

• DSC00002 (3).jpg
    DSC00002 (3).jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 39
Upvote 0

tooltime

Original Poster
Here's a picture from our room at The Contemporary early in the morning as the fog was burning off

thanks. wow...what a view!

i am so unsure where to stay. i want to stay at one of the resorts with a monorail...Poly, GF or Contemporary...and need three beds...beyond that i am so confused. here's a pic i found from the 11'th floor of the Contemporary...

Attachments

• cont86.jpg
    cont86.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 32
Upvote 0

EMThompsen

It's a tough decision...
Ok here's a look at the fireworks from the room at The Contemporary
Click on my photo album for more pictures
:sohappy:

Attachments

• image_90.jpg
    image_90.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 28
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom