Looking For MK Fireworks on MM+

WDWFan_Boston

Original Poster
Our family is going to WDW in February, so we are about 45 days away from our vacation. I've read several people say that a special area for MK fireworks were able to be reserved, but I haven't seen anything like that.

I know people have been making fun of some of the available FP, but since our family has been several times, I wouldn't care about using one of my 3 FP on fireworks if it meant we could get a better, less crowded view. Any ideas?

cbettua

It didn't appear on my app until last week. I was looking for the option since booking. Maybe they only release it 2-3 weeks prior to arrival. I don't know, I just know that my trip starts on the 11th and the firework fp+ did not appear until last week on the app.

skimbob

I was able to get special Illuminations viewing about a month out and I got Fantasmic, MSEP and Wishes special viewing just a few days ago and I arrive on 1/9. I am not sure if they release those later or if people cancel as they get closer. Now if I could only get a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest on the 11th I would be a happy camper.

DizneyPryncess

This is great information - I'm hoping to use some of my FP+ on fireworks viewings, I didn't know that they could be released later. With a toddler in tow, it's impossible for me to get a spot really early. She just won't sit for that long. So this is a wonderful option for us. And since we aren't doing any thrill rides w/her, we won't be using FP+ for those big attractions. I'm still a little while away from being able to book ours, just getting excited!

JohnD

Our family is going to WDW in February, so we are about 45 days away from our vacation. I've read several people say that a special area for MK fireworks were able to be reserved, but I haven't seen anything like that.

I know people have been making fun of some of the available FP, but since our family has been several times, I wouldn't care about using one of my 3 FP on fireworks if it meant we could get a better, less crowded view. Any ideas?

The special area is the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/tomorrowland-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party/) but that requires an ADR (cost is $27.68 including tax and 18% gratuity). It is not available via FP+.

Last edited:

Betsyboo

Mine didn't appear until I was closer to my trip as well. I forget how far out I was but I believe it was pretty close.
Where does it "appear"? I just realized from reading this thread that I didn't have the options for these when I made my FP+ plans. Thanks.

JohnD

Re: FP+
1) The fireworks do not show up at all on MDE desktop
2) They do show up on the MDE app but only as "standby only".

Again, if you want a "reserved" spot for MK fireworks, you need to reserve an ADR at the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party.

cbettua

Again, if you want a "reserved" spot for MK fireworks, you need to reserve an ADR at the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party.

1.) Yes they do

2.)I got a FP+ in the rose garden for the MK fireworks.

Arrive between
7:40−7:55 PM
Magic Kingdom® Park
Rose Garden Fireworks Viewing Area

JohnD

1.) Yes they do

2.)I got a FP+ in the rose garden for the MK fireworks.

Arrive between
7:40−7:55 PM
Magic Kingdom® Park
Rose Garden Fireworks Viewing Area

It appears on the main fp+ page for each park, it is a top tier attraction.

I believe you but I've tried multiple days. Either it shows up as "standby only" in the app or not at all on the desktop. I'm an AP, so I have a 60 day window from today whenever I check (exceptions are blockout dates as I have a seasonal pass). Maybe it's a special benefit to resort guests. My 60 day window for that doesn't begin until early February (trip in early April). If it's "always there" as it were, Disney sure makes it difficult to find.

cspencer96

I believe you but I've tried multiple days. Either it shows up as "standby only" in the app or not at all on the desktop. I'm an AP, so I have a 60 day window from today whenever I check (exceptions are blockout dates as I have a seasonal pass). Maybe it's a special benefit to resort guests. My 60 day window for that doesn't begin until early February (trip in early April). If it's "always there" as it were, Disney sure makes it difficult to find.
It doesn't matter if you have a "60 Day Window" - so do I, and everyone else using the system. If Disney chooses to not make something available until closer to the arrival, they can and will. This likely allows them to plan better, especially since this is all still in testing.

@WDWFan_Boston, as others have said, you could just check back at a later date closer to your arrival. However, it may benefit you to go ahead and make all of your FP+ selections for the date you wish to have reserved viewing of Wishes. That way, you still get maximum availability on everything else, and can change a selection later when/if reserved viewing becomes available. Good luck!

cbettua

That's because as I stated above, it does not appear until you are closer to your dates. Like 2-3 weeks closer.

JohnD

Thanks @cbettua. Do you know when they were available? I'm 51 days out and it seems from other posts on this thread that they won't show up until closer to my visit.

Okay, I tried random dates and I finally hit on one that it is offered. So that means Wishes isn't every night or FP+ isn't offered every day for Wishes. It's possible you may pick a date when FP+ for Wishes isn't available.

cbettua

Okay, I tried random dates and I finally hit on one that it is offered. So that means Wishes isn't every night or FP+ isn't offered every day for Wishes. It's possible you may pick a date when FP+ for Wishes isn't available.
To my knowledge, Wishes isn't every night.

JohnD

To my knowledge, Wishes isn't every night.

It appears to only be accessible in the current calendar month. In my case, the Florida seasonal pass opens back up tomorrow--I can't pick anything today. I've tried random dates between January 4 and January 31. In each case, I could find Wishes, provided it's offered that day. But February 1 forward, nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom