Looking for info on the fantasmic dining package

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I've done it several times. The package is free (if you are using Dining Credits), but you must stipulate you want it when you place your Dining Reservation.

The restaurants that offer the package are:

1) Brown Derby
2) Mama Melrose
3) Hollywood & Vine

If you are not using Dining Credits, you can reserve it, but you must purchase an Entree and Dessert from Brown Derby or Mama Melrose, or you will have the all you can enjoy option at Hollywood & Vine.

When you finish your meal, you will be given a voucher for VIP seating. The most recent time I've done this the seating entrance for VIP seating has been off to the right as you reach the center promenade outside of the amphitheater entrance (where the strollers are parked). The seating itself was a reserved section on the far right of the theater itself.

It's nice, because you don't have to show up all that early for the show to get decent seats, but I wouldn't call it a must do unless you specifically care to eat at one of those restaurants anyhow.

They used to offer a Golf Cart that would pick you up and take you down to the theater, but that is no longer there.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

I've done it several times. The package is free (if you are using Dining Credits), but you must stipulate you want it when you place your Dining Reservation.

The restaurants that offer the package are:

1) Brown Derby
2) Mama Melrose
3) Hollywood & Vine

If you are not using Dining Credits, you can reserve it, but you must purchase an Entree and Dessert from Brown Derby or Mama Melrose, or you will have the all you can enjoy option at Hollywood & Vine.

When you finish your meal, you will be given a voucher for VIP seating. The most recent time I've done this the seating entrance for VIP seating has been off to the right as you reach the center promenade outside of the amphitheater entrance (where the strollers are parked). The seating itself was a reserved section on the far right of the theater itself.

It's nice, because you don't have to show up all that early for the show to get decent seats, but I wouldn't call it a must do unless you specifically care to eat at one of those restaurants anyhow.

They used to offer a Golf Cart that would pick you up and take you down to the theater, but that is no longer there.
@englanddg pretty well covered it, but I would like to add-- try and avoid Hollywood and Vine. It's reputation proceeds it.

Upvote 0

TheMouseFan

We did the package three weeks ago. They send you through the FP+ entrance now and the seating is in the center section now. Definitely worthwhile if you wanted to eat at any of those restaurants anyhow. We definitely plan to do it again when we go in June.

Upvote 0

ABQ

@englanddg hit nearly every point, however I will add that at least Mama Melrose, not sure about the others, also offers a lunch package for Fantasmic. I have reservations myself this Monday. It's worth checking if the availability at dinner is either all gone or conflicts with other events.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

I did the Brown Derby back in Sept. You entered with the Fast Pass entrance and then at the top you get separated from Fast pass. The dinning package got to sit center right. The Fast Pass was further to the right. While the rest of the theater was for all others. The only advantage was that we did not have to show up as early to get a good seat.

Upvote 0

LucyK

As @ABQ pointed, Mama offers a lunch option as part of the package, I did it this past February and really enjoyed the place. If you're on the Dining Plan, the Fantasmic! Package is a great value when you choose Mama because you would have to pay for the appetizer oop otherwise.

Upvote 0

LucyK

Recommendations for what I should get at mama melrose :)
It's a shame they did away with the antipasto for 2, it would be my best recommendation for an app. I now would try the Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes and the Oak-fired Mussels. For an entreé we had the Penne alla Vodka with Shrimp (minus the pancetta) and the Chicken Campanelle with Shrimp; both were delicious and VERY filling.

Upvote 0

BaconCL750

Original Poster
It's a shame they did away with the antipasto for 2, it would be my best recommendation for an app. I now would try the Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes and the Oak-fired Mussels. For an entreé we had the Penne alla Vodka with Shrimp (minus the pancetta) and the Chicken Campanelle with Shrimp; both were delicious and VERY filling.
Ty :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom