Looking for good restaurant...

LCK123

Original Poster
On the Disney Meal Plan....Looking for good table service. Already have reservations for Teppanyaki in Japan, an italian (name?) in Italy, Kona Cafe at Poly....Doing 3 character w/kids...Cindy's Bfast, Princess Bfast, and Crystal Palace....Have to fill 2 dinners....ANY SUGGESTION???

Peter Parker

If the plan allows it. The Spirit of Aloha at Polynesian or the Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness Lodge dinner shows are both excellent. I would also recommend that you substitute one of the character bfast w/ Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary, the kids & grown ups will love it

LCK123

Original Poster
Maybe I should have mentioned...the kids are 5, 4 and 6 months...ALL GIRLS! Way into the princess thing. That might change some of the replies, no?

Moustronaut

Prime Time 50's Cafe at MGM. Spoodles (much better italian than Epcot's Italy pavilion) at Boardwalk. Boma at Animal Kingdom is the kids are a bit adventurous.

shmmrname

I cannot emphasize how much my group (23 M, 25 F, 18 F) love to eat at Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco at least once per trip. I will say up front, the one and only true downside is the price. It is more expensive than many other options, only when ordering full dinners. It is by no means budget-busting, but it is a little over the usual Olive Garden bill.

Now, the positives.
Uh, location, location, location. It's in Epcot, so that's a win. It's hidden, so it's never, ever busy. The buildings remind me of the streets of Agrabah, or at least what I imagine them to be like from Aladdin. There is plenty of room in both the Waiting Area and outside the doors, so if there is a wait (THERE WON'T BE), you will not end up sitting in the middle of the walkway while others trip over you.
Two, the setting is so unique. Beyond the architecture, it's atmosphere is another Epcot gem. The red floor, oh the red floor, and the lush, plush seating. Oh my, and the under-used bathrooms. Seriously it's perfect.
The food isn't too ambitious. You will not find yourself feeling queasy at the unusual options, and there is still safe plates for those who refuse to experiment. I get the Chicken Couscous usually, and I love it. It is filling beyond what you might expect, and believe me I have quite an appetite. I also suggest the Chicken Bastilla. It's an appetizer that is best described as a dough and chicken marriage, celebrated mildly with sugar and a hint of chocolate. My sister gets it as her full meal, and she loves it.
Finally, I didn't even mention the staff, or CM's. Belly Dancers, how many restaurants have Belly Dancers? I've never had a negative comment about a CM inside the restaurant.
Oh, but wait. Time it right and you'll be so pleasantly surprised. Because it's so recessed into the Moroccan village, the lighting actually makes you feel like your on a city street. It's romantic, obviously, but it's just feet away from some under-rated Illuminations spots.

Hope I helped in some way. I have tons of other favorites, but this stands out above all else. Bongo's has great food, and San Angel Inn has great atmosphere. But Resaurant Marrakesh has both plus something I can't explain, maybe it's MAGIC.

Hope your trip's awesome. As I'm so excited we may now be going over New Years. Peace on Earth baby!

RalphieN

My kids absolutely love Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary. It would be another character meal for you guys but it is fun and the make-your-own Sundae station is great.

Shellybelle

I'll agree with Thrawn and RalphieN. LeCellier and/or Chef Mickey. We love LeCellier (it's our family's fav) and I've read almost nothing but positive reviews for it here on the board. Kids are sure to love Chef Mickey!

helliker

Well my personal favorite is Boma but it is probably not the best place for kids.

I recommend Chef Mickey's @ The Contemporary. I think it is the best Character restaurant and the quality of the food is good. However it is very busy there.

As someone else mentioned, Whispering Canyon @ Wilderness Lodge is a fun place and a good place for the adults to get their fill of the all you can eat BBQ skillet and all you can drink shakes.

O'hana's @ Polynesian also has excellent food and has some fun activities for the kids.

You might want to look into 50's Prime Time Cafe @ MGM too.

Pioneer Hall

I am a big fan of Cape May, Whispering Canyon, and Trails End. You get great food at these restaurants and plenty of it. Definately worthwhile for the plan.

Iakona

Boma's could be fun for the kids. It is a buffet so there are a lot of choices. Also, you can view the animals in the savanah. If you time it correctly you may catch story time at the outside firepit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom