Looking for first runner up burger...

lunchbox1175

Oh! I've also heard good things about the burgers at Big River Grille at the Boardwalk. It is not a Disney owned restaurant, but their food is good. I've never tried the burger there but everything else I have had was good. I guess there are more options than I initially thought but I am still certain that "Disney World" and "great burger" are words that will never be synonymous.

I was very dissapointed in this burger, it was rather dry, tasted like a QS burger.

ratherbeinwdw

Talking about burgers.It was revealed last night that supermarket chain " Tesco " along with a few smaller ones,are withdrawing their value beef burgers as horse,repeat horse DNA has been found in the meat.I saw quite a few customers hoofing it down to get their money back.Seems Tesco are giving you 3/1 on their favourite burger.( sorry about the puns ) This is a true story by the way.
They had the story on CNN.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I was very dissapointed in this burger, it was rather dry, tasted like a QS burger.
I agree, I've had the burger at Big River twice (I thought the first time might have been a fluke) It was terrible, obviously frozen, not at all fresh and the bread was stale. They also had the nerve to charge $2 to add bacon to my husbands and it was ONE tiny greasy stringy piece of bacon. About half the size of a strip of bacon you'd get at one of Disney's breakfast buffets. The service is horrible at Big River too.

The best burger I've had on property would probably be at Raglan Road. The meatball sliders at Portobello were good (kinda like burgers lol). But like others have said the words good burger and WDW do not go hand in hand.

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
Alright, after looking at some pictures, is there any difference between the burgers at Liberty Tree Tavern and Plaza, or same thing, different venue? Also, heard about the special burger at POFQ. On the checklist. DD insisted on Sci-Fi. Raglan Road, maybe if we don't get into town too late? Hmmm. It's like the Odyssey. :D Hope we don't lose any one, though.

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
I agree, I've had the burger at Big River twice (I thought the first time might have been a fluke) It was terrible, obviously frozen, not at all fresh and the bread was stale. They also had the nerve to charge $2 to add bacon to my husbands and it was ONE tiny greasy stringy piece of bacon. About half the size of a strip of bacon you'd get at one of Disney's breakfast buffets. The service is horrible at Big River too.

The best burger I've had on property would probably be at Raglan Road. The meatball sliders at Portobello were good (kinda like burgers lol). But like others have said the words good burger and WDW do not go hand in hand.
Big River...out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom