Looking for advice on resort choice

stuey222

My wife and I will be taking a (late) honeymoon this fall/winter at the World. We have yet to make reservations but originally we were looking at October for the Food & Wine Festival, but due to some other events coming up we have decided to move it into November/December. We are planning to attend MVMCP as well at the Candlelight Processional and hoping to avoid most crowds, so I've looked at the Crowd Calendar and it looks like the first two weeks of December would probably be best. Any advice on which week around that time frame would be best? Does the Pop Warner Football Championship cause the parks to become more crowded/should I avoid it? I know the dates for the free dining promotion, and it doesn't interest us too much, as we usually kind of snack throughout the day, splitting meals and the like.

We also looking for advice on the resort we should stay at. We are looking to stay on property and in a Moderate, any recommendations? Based on the reviews here, it looks like Port Orleans French Quarter would be our best bet, but the last time we were at the World, all of Port Orleans were on the same bus line, is that still going on? We'd rather not go through "two" resorts on the bus route. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

maryszhi

Port Orleans riverside!! its quite romantic and i love the themeing. it also looks amazing during Christmas time . and for the second question i cannot remember.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I'd probably go with the 2nd week, since the Pop Warner kids might also be staying at POFQ (I'm sure someone can elaborate on that). Personally we love the mansion side of POR too, but either one is good. You might want to check the schedule for narrators at the Candlelight Processional if that makes any difference to you. Christmas season is really fun at WDW - my favorite. Be sure to take the time to check out the decoraions at some of the other resorts while you're there. Have fun!

Upvote 0

rufio

Either of the first two weeks should be pretty light crowds, so either should be safe. I agree with checking on narrators for Candlelight Processional. As far as resorts, I've never stayed at Port Orleans, but from what I hear, both are quite nice. I'm sure others can elaborate. And as for buses, I believe you're going to be stuck going to more than one resort at most of them, or at least making multiple stops. I've stayed at Deluxe resorts for my last two trips and we made multiple stops during both.

Upvote 0

natron20

Well, I've stayed at POFQ and POR. Give me FQ everytime. Size wise it is a fraction of the size of POR. The bus stops are honestly no big deal, at all. As vitani said, you will probably make extra stops wherever you stay. Having said that, both were nice experiences and we would not hesitate to stay at either one again.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Pop Warner didn't seem to make much of a dent in the parks as they're in competitions all day and usually don't get out until the evening. However, if you must go when they are there I would call and find out what mod resort they're staying at (they don't just invade the All Stars anymore) and avoid it like a blistering cold sore. :eek: We were at CBR last year when they flocked in (over 1500 rooms were designated to Pop Warner at CBR alone, so we were told) and all hell broke loose. Literally. It was awful. Coaches holding team meetings in couryards blocking sidewalks told us to go around them, food court was a complete nightmare, the pools were completely overrun by unsupervised kids and the parents were no better. If they were present, many (not all) were highly intoxicated and in no shape to supervised themselves, let alone their children. The language was horrendous and teams taunted each other in common areas all hours of the night. Disney was very accomodating and moved our family when I was having a conversation with a manager about all of this and more and we sat and listened to a woman tell her gal pals about her previous evening's escapades for all to hear, including my children, in a VERY descriptive, inappropriate manner. The manager approached her and told her it was a family environment and her conversation was better suited for the privacy of her resort room. I gratiously accepted Disney's offer of compensation as Pop Warner ruined 1/2 our trip. Thank you Disney for looking out and protecting the family atmosphere. :) Learn from our experience to have a wonderful trip of your own. The holiday season is BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom