Longest Ride?

Neptune

Original Poster
As I have seen, Test Track is the Longest ride, right? Well, It seems so much to me, and i even clocked the amount of time at above 10 minutes, that kilimanjaro safaris is more than 5 minutes. So why is this not being shown as the longest ride?

imagineer99

Test Track is the longest "track" covered. (i.e. distance). You move fast over a long distance. Kilmanjaro doesn't count because it's not a traditional ride in a conventional sense. You're free roaming.

Time wise, I'd think Space ship earth is the longest guided ride. As for free roaming, Kilmanjaro probably takes the cake.

disneywy

Thats right, Test Track is the longest in track length, but I believe that Universe of Energy is the longest in time at 45 min (which includes the 8 min pre-show). Spaceship Earth is 13-14 minutes, Kilimanjari Safaris is about 18, and Great Movie Ride is about 18-19 min.

mitchk

I would wait until they rehab it, before going on again. 35 minutes, out of the 45 minutes, is very boring. :snore:

Tom

Beta Return
Where does Splash Mountain rank? I know the ride time is around 10 minutes, which is pretty long for a "dark ride".

Glasgow

Fastest ride? If you're talking about actual speed it's Test Track, if you're talking about virtual speed then it's probably Star Tours .. :animwink:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Glasgow said:
Fastest ride? If you're talking about actual speed it's Test Track, if you're talking about virtual speed then it's probably Star Tours .. :animwink:
What about fastest as in shortest time from start to finish ? RNR has got to be one of the quickest

DigitalDisney

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
What about fastest as in shortest time from start to finish ? RNR has got to be one of the quickest
No way. I think Dumbo is all of 90 seconds. Astro Orbitor and Aladdin have got to be close too. I'm sure Mad Tea Party is reasonably close to that length as well.

If I have a clear path an don't trip, I can run through Swiss Family Treehouse in just under 45 sec. Does that count? :) j/k

I don't know how transportation fits in to all of this, but the bus ride from the MK hotels to DD is pretty long. =)

disneywy

Splash Mountain is about 11 minutes. As for the fastest ride, it is Test Track (as has already been mentioned) at 65mph. RNRC is about 57-58mph and is reached during the launch.

flyersmv

the barnstormer has to be on of the fastest rides, as in start to finish

and yet the wait probably ranks up there with spalsh, Peter pan, space etc

disneywy

I am not sure about Barnstormer, but you are right about it being one of the shortest overall. My guess would be maybe a minute/ minute and a half?

As for Splash only being 11 minutes....all the rides can vary a litte each time depending of weight (for some vehicles) and how fast things are loading. You might get backed up while waiting to unload on Splash, for instance. As for Splash at Disneyland it is much quicker and you notice it too as you ride. I would guess closer to 5-8 min. (Once official time I head put it at only 2:45, but I find that hard to believe) Supposedly one of the reasons that the logs at WDW were made where people sit two across was to slow down the ride and give people a chance to see the show scenes more.

JLTraveling

disneywy said:
I am not sure about Barnstormer, but you are right about it being one of the shortest overall. My guess would be maybe a minute/ minute and a half?

Wow, is it that long? I love that ride, but my guess would have been more like 45 seconds...seems long as soon as it starts, it's over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom