Longer Tiki Hours = Pointless

TURKEY

prberk said:
I think that the novelty of the "under new management" is completely lost now that a whole generation of children (considered 7-10 years) has come and gone since Aladdin introduced Gilbert's character that they use for it.

It is time to go back to the original, timeless show for at least a while.

The concept itself is still good for families.
At least Aladdin was just released on DVD so a few more kids will now know about Iago.

Scooter

I applaud Disney for trying something differant. :sohappy:

People seem to forget how EMPTY the old original Tiki Bird attraction was...that's why they changed it...
...to try and appeal to the younger generation.

I get a kick out of the new attraction.
At least now it has a story that makes some kind of sense.

I will admit I haven't seen people fighting to get onto the new version but isn't it better to try new things to bring people back that to have an attraction with empty lines 24/7?

I can understand that Gilbert Godfrey might not be your favorite, but I kinda like the guy and he was outstanding in Alladin.

Frankly Robin Williams gets on MY nerves and apparently I'm not alone because we all see how well Timekeeper is doing... :lol:

If ya don't like the characters in the show, don't go, but don't tell ME what's good or bad...I like to find out for myself and make my own judgements. :animwink:

speck76

I think all of Adventureland could be closed early. All summer, the land was dead after 9pm....the only people in the land were those at the Dole Whip stand. One Saturday night, I went on PotC and Jungle Cruise, and on both rides, I was on my own boat....sad :(

General Grizz

speck76 said:
I think all of Adventureland could be closed early. All summer, the land was dead after 9pm....the only people in the land were those at the Dole Whip stand. One Saturday night, I went on PotC and Jungle Cruise, and on both rides, I was on my own boat....sad :(
But this is the best part. . . be sure to shout out "I DON'T BELIEVE IN GEORGE" next time. :D ;)

Mickeyrulz

Adventureland is lightly visited, serene and peaceful in evening/dusk. I think it's a good crowd escape and I like it. I say it should be on schedule with the rest of the park.

But I do agree it's DEAD at evening.

askmike1

I definately agree with Scooter's last sentence about passing your own judgement. That said, I love the new version. To me, the old version was boring and the only reason I saw it was because my parents dragged me into it (kind of like that Barbie and Ken show they had at Epcot once). The new version is funny (espically the Tiki-God Doo-Wap song), original and will stand the test of time. As for Aladdin's popularity...multiple attractions in DL and WDW (Aladdin's Magic Carpets, Mickey's Philharmagic, Aladdin the Musical, part of Fantasmic, music in Wishes, meet and greets throughout the parks, etc.). Aladdin has 2 sequels, a tv series on ToonDisney, a huge platenum DVD, and many other things going for it. To say Aladdin isn't popular anymore is like saying Cinderella isn't popular anymore. Now I know many will disagree with me, namely the purist Disneyites, but it is my opinion and that is all it is, an opinion.

-Michael

celticdog

speck76 said:

Thanks for the tip, now i know where i will go to escape the maddening crowd on main street. :sohappy:

speck76

Part of the problem also is that the access to Adventureland is very restricted during Spectromagic, which could contribute to the lack of crowds.

darthdarrel

You know, to this day I have never been in the Tiki room? :eek:
Guess it just never interested me, there are so many things at the Magic Kingdom I would rather do, infact I have never seen the country Bear Jamoree either (Sorry Grizz) LOL! :lol: I would rather go on Pirates of the caribean or Haunted Mansion or Splash mountain a few more times LOL!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
darthdarrel said:
You know, to this day I have never been in the Tiki room? :eek:
Guess it just never interested me, there are so many things at the Magic Kingdom I would rather do, infact I have never seen the country Bear Jamoree either (Sorry Grizz) LOL! :lol: I would rather go on Pirates of the caribean or Haunted Mansion or Splash mountain a few more times LOL!

Have you seen the Hall of the Presidents???? :confused:

KaliSplash

Back to the original question. I would prefer that everything be open while the park is open. That's why I paid my $$.
On the other hand, this time of the year, I can understand why some things close early. The reality is, there just aren't as many souls in the park. Which is why the whole thing closes early, too.
And i prefer the original version (and especially the original pre-show. The 'lurk, lurk' line has been a running joke in my family for years). But I do understand the need to try something new. Attendance had been dropping and I had been in the old show when people walked out.

AndyP

I don't remember the original, but my Mum and Dad were told before our first visit that the Tike room was fantastic, they hated it! We went to see it this last visit, we think the begtinning is hilarious, ' In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tike room!' That is funny to see all those birds singing that in the accents! 'Pierre(i think)' and all the others. And the new additions, well I thought it was entertaining, and we only waited a few minutes for it. If you don't like it you should lighten up! Go in look around and look at all the detail in there, It's worth a visit just for that imho!

Oh and during summer we were in MK twice late at night, and Adventureland was heaving!

dzne4eva

Maybe I'm easily amused but "honky tuna tostada" cracks me up everytime. I miss the rainstorm in the windows inside but the new version is cute.

KevinPage

EpcotGrl said:
Maybe if it was the good Tiki Room...

*sniffle* I miss my Tiki Room... :cry:

Am I the only one who can hardly stand to go in there anymore?

As "kitschy" as the original Tiki room was, let's face facts, it was a SNOOZEFEST. The title song is great Disney cheese, even I love it. Say what you want about the new version, but I enjoy it (even the pre show). Yeah it could be BETTER, but it's far more interesting than it's original incarnation. I went to Disneyland in 2002 for the 1st time and saw their Tiki room after a few years of WDW's and thought, "wow, thank god they changed it".

If people visitied the original Tiki room enough, it wouldn't have changed. You can make the arguement that they tried something and it didn't make much of a difference in the long run. I myself don't see people caring about a singing bird show these days.

Even I get bored with "shows" very quickly. BUT, if you put me on a moving vehicle, I can re-ride an attraction til the cows come home. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom