News Long-Term Construction Permit Filed for Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort

Phicinfan

Ok 2 things here….

First here is 1 of your D23 announcements

Second this is for the replacement “train” going from WL to Fort Wilderness, that will also connect to “Reflections” upcoming resort then by bridge to Contemporary

🫣

lazyboy97o

Disney’s Facility Asset Management filed the permit, not WDI which, according to Blog Mickey, suggests this project will not involve significant creative renovations and is likely just a refurb.

@danlb_2000 Any insight you can provide?

Link to permit:
Even when there are creative changes, the hotel renovation projects are still run by FAM.

The goal for room refreshes is every 7 years.

tl77

I just stayed there 2 weeks ago and the Wilderness Lodge building exterior definitely needs a refurb, the Boulder Ridge DVC building is currently getting an exterior refurb

DCBaker

Premium Member
I just stayed there 2 weeks ago and the Wilderness Lodge building exterior definitely needs a refurb, the Boulder Ridge DVC building is currently getting an exterior refurb

Seems like they heard you?

Not sure if this is related to the specific permit, but Disney has posted a new statement about a refurbishment at the Wilderness Lodge:

Starting August 5, 2024, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will undergo exterior refurbishment work. During this time, Guests may see and hear construction work during daytime hours.

mhochman

Second this is for the replacement “train” going from WL to Fort Wilderness, that will also connect to “Reflections” upcoming resort then by bridge to Contemporary

🫣
With "train" in quotation marks I suppose this isn't an actual train (as in, laying track). But I'm having a difficult time seeing how some sort of path would be set down to connect everything you describe. Specifically, where would a bridge to the Contemporary be placed? Seems out of the way, or a very large bridge.

nickys

Premium Member
With "train" in quotation marks I suppose this isn't an actual train (as in, laying track). But I'm having a difficult time seeing how some sort of path would be set down to connect everything you describe. Specifically, where would a bridge to the Contemporary be placed? Seems out of the way, or a very large bridge.
It was wishful thinking. And a tongue-in-cheek suggestion of a bridge to the Contemporary! 😂

But a tram or something similar could run from FW, past Reflections to WL. Not necessarily likely but definitely possible. They could upgrade the walking path, currently closed, and have the tram run alongside it. But it wouldn’t happen until Reflections is completed.

mhochman

It was wishful thinking. And a tongue-in-cheek suggestion of a bridge to the Contemporary! 😂

But a tram or something similar could run from FW, past Reflections to WL. Not necessarily likely but definitely possible. They could upgrade the walking path, currently closed, and have the tram run alongside it. But it wouldn’t happen until Reflections is completed.
Ah, gotcha. I've often felt they could build a wood bridge from WL to a monorail stop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom