LOL, the annual "worst" Christmas carol thread

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Yes friends, it's that magical time of the year where we are once again bombarded with songs that stay in our head and are supposed to make us holly.
But...... some songs makes us cringe.

What Christmas ditty makes you empathize with the Grinch?

For me it's two.

Santa Baby by Madonna. her voice is enough to have the reindeer running for cover
It's cold outside. It's not that it's a bad song, there are just so many versions.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Dominic the Donkey
images(19) (2).jpg

Smiley/OCD

Where did this song even come from? :hilarious: I heard it for the first time about 15 years ago and now I hear it all the time during the Christmas season. And, come on, that fake Italian accent is laughably bad...:p
The song was recorded in 1960, by Lou Monte, a fellow NJ resident and has always been HUGE in the tri-state area. He spent his last years at the Jersey shore and his wife used to shop in my record store. I made my own Christmas CD's for in-store play, and one day she was shopping when the song came on...she introduced herself (with a tear in her eye) and was soooo glad to hear that it was still being played. That song holds a special place in my heart!!
I know this will be sacrilegious to some, but the songs I'm just DONE with are:
Blue Christmas by Elvis
The Christmas Song (chestnuts) by Nat King Cole
White Christmas by Bing Crosby
Santa Got Run Over by a Reindeer by Elmo & Patsy
The Chipmunk Song by Alvin & the Chipmunks

I know, I know, they're not bad songs, but being in the music business for 25+ years, I just got tired of them...the ONE novelty Christmas song I LOVE is "I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas" the original by Gayla Peevey

Smiley/OCD

I'll also add the McCartney song as well...OVERPLAYED as well as Happy Christmas (War is Over) by Lennon and Ono...I actually like Melissa Etheridge's version and Sarah McLachlan's version better. (in case you haven't figured it out yet, I was never a big Beatles fan)...(ducks head)...

Sans Souci

The song was recorded in 1960, by Lou Monte, a fellow NJ resident and has always been HUGE in the tri-state area. He spent his last years at the Jersey shore and his wife used to shop in my record store. I made my own Christmas CD's for in-store play, and one day she was shopping when the song came on...she introduced herself (with a tear in her eye) and was soooo glad to hear that it was still being played. That song holds a special place in my heart!!
I know this will be sacrilegious to some, but the songs I'm just DONE with are:
Blue Christmas by Elvis
The Christmas Song (chestnuts) by Nat King Cole
White Christmas by Bing Crosby
Santa Got Run Over by a Reindeer by Elmo & Patsy
The Chipmunk Song by Alvin & the Chipmunks

I know, I know, they're not bad songs, but being in the music business for 25+ years, I just got tired of them...the ONE novelty Christmas song I LOVE is "I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas" the original by Gayla Peevey

Thanks for the info. I knew it was an older song, but I'd honestly never heard it growing up. That is a touching story about meeting his widow in your shop. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom