Login Problem with MDE

darthspielberg

Original Poster
I know I have been one of the biggest supporters of MDE and MM+, so it figures I'd run into a problem. Today I got all my luggage stuff for Disney Magical Express and all that stuff as well as an official in the mail invite to MyMagic+ I wanted to log in and check some stuff and make sure I had everything lined up, and now MDE says it cannot locate my account.

Has anyone else had a similar problem. i have tried a few things, and it's only suggestion is to call, which i guess I can do, but this is kind of a bummer to suddenly be locked out of a system that I've had access to since February now that all the cool stuff is starting to happen.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Overly simplistic answer, but are you using the same email address to log in? I've accidentally used the wrong one before.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Overly simplistic answer, but are you using the same email address to log in? I've accidentally used the wrong one before.
Exactly. I have two emails "on file" with Disney. My disney MDE profile is one of them, but the email they have in their "records" when I call is the other one.

wdwmomof3

Exactly. I have two emails "on file" with Disney. My disney MDE profile is one of them, but the email they have in their "records" when I call is the other one.
The same thing happened to me. I had it all set up with one, and somehow it switched on its on to my old one when I tried to make a fast pass plus for lunch at BOG. Now everything is on my old email, actually old username. I thought that was crazy!

cslafferty

The same thing happened to me. I had it all set up with one, and somehow it switched on its on to my old one when I tried to make a fast pass plus for lunch at BOG. Now everything is on my old email, actually old username. I thought that was crazy!
Happened to me, also, when trying to make a FP+ for BOG! I've only ever used one email address, so I didn't have another one to try! I called them, and he said "I see you also have a username/password with ABC news (which is owned by Disney) and that username is just cslafferty. So, try to use just that to log in" and it worked. Then he said he'd fix it back to the way it was, using my whole email. But, when he did, it let me in but everything was gone - my hotel reservations, dining ADRs, FP+ selections, magic band . . . everything!!! I'm still able to log in with just my name and everything is there, so I use that now. But, if I go to log into my other Disney accounts (Disney Movie Club, Disney Movie Rewards, Disney Store) I have to use my whole email address like always. Very weird.

darthspielberg

Original Poster
Wow, that actually did the trick. Off hanedly removed the @gmail.com part of my login and it brought me in. Same account as always but I guess they just did away with the email part? I don't get it. Weird.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Wow, that actually did the trick. Off hanedly removed the @gmail.com part of my login and it brought me in. Same account as always but I guess they just did away with the email part? I don't get it. Weird.
Glad we pointed you in the right direction.

darthspielberg

Original Poster
Yes, thank you. I was just trying to see if my band had shipped and it was kind of a surprise to not be able to log in now that everything is confirmed and the trip is less than a month away.

75disney

Same thing happened to me one day. The system apparently switched my account to an old email that I used at one time. The guy at tech support was great. It took 45 minutes but when he was done everything was back under the correct account and I haven't had any problems since. Keeping my fingers crossed for our trip now...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom