Lodging Suggestions

mascot48181

We are planning either a 3 or 4 day trip to the resort. My wife and I have 3 young children (9,5,2). We will most likely get the park hopper option so we can jump around parks and back and forth from our hotel. I was interested in suggestions for the most central and accessible place to stay in relation to the parks which would also be most enjoyable for young children. We are interested in on-site accomodations. Thanks in advance!

shoppingnut

It depends on what your price range for a hotel is for the trip. If you want deluxe, I would stay at one of the hotels on the monorail as you will probably be spending a bit of time in MK. So the Contemporary, Poly or GF. For a moderate hotel I'd recommend POR (has a sit down restaurant for breakfast) or Coronado (they have an excellent pool). For value, I'd go with Pop Century. Each hotel has it's fun things and all are well themed, you just need to select the level that is within your budget and then you can get lots more details.

Upvote 0

WDWCP

I agree that it ultimately comes down to the budget.

For a strictly theme-related piece of advice, I would go with the Pop Century for kids of those ages. There is so much to see and visually play with since everything is over the top. (My wife and I always stay there and we have no kids...) The biggest problem with the Pop Century comes about if you don't have a car. It can take quite a while to "hop" back to your room and back to the parks. Plan on at least an hour of travel time total, not counting how much time you stay at your room. That can eat a lot of your day up.

Staying on the monorail loop will cut that travel time down by a big chunk and is really easy to hop back to the hotel for a dip in the pool or something. You pay a bunch more for that convience though.

Upvote 0

eroyee

where to stay?

:wave: I say Pop Century for your age kids. Its inexpensive, and fun, and we didnt have any problem getting around with the busses in February when we went. I wouldnt spend the extra money for another resort, especially if you dont plan on being in the rooms much. Pop has a bed you can get extra, plus 2 other beds. Theres loads to see around the resort,too. Plus, they dont share their busses with any other resort. we loved it and we had no kids with us. Have fun and good luck. wish it was me going again.!:lol: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

WTBAD

With kids those ages, I would suggest All Star Movies or Music. If they are all boys you may want Sports. I think kids will enjoy one of these three more then Pop Century. True busess are shared between the three All Star's but that's a minor inconvience and with the right bus driver can be another fun
ride for kids.

Upvote 0

numomma2

One word....MONORAIL! If there's even a chance that you'll be doing the midday nap shuffle, it makes things so much easier. My family went in May '03 when my son was 5 yr old and my daughter 2 1/2. We decided that we were going to Disney for the kids, staying at the Poly for US! We sacrificed a separate "Parents only" trip we thought we'd take later in the year for the deluxe accomodations, but it was worth it! Just my opinion. Hope it helps!

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

Being that there are five of you, I would suggest Port Orleans Riverside. I know that it is not the most centrally located resort, but you can sleep 5 in a room by getting a trundle bed. Also, even though it is a moderate resort, it was voted to have the 2nd best pool in all of WDW.

Upvote 0

Woody13

dvcnut39 said:
Being that there are five of you, I would suggest Port Orleans Riverside. I know that it is not the most centrally located resort, but you can sleep 5 in a room by getting a trundle bed. Also, even though it is a moderate resort, it was voted to have the 2nd best pool in all of WDW.
2 year olds do not count as "people" at WDW. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom