locker line at forbidden journey

riag22

Original Poster
We are heading down to universal this weekend. I cannot ride forbidden journey due to severe motion sickness. I want to walk through the queue with my family to see the castle and then exit before getting on the ride. Is this possible or will I have to take the separate castle tour after my family enjoys the ride? Is it permitted to skip the locker line since I am going to be able to take my family's belonging with me before they get on the ride? If so, how do you skip the locker line?

haveyoumetmark

There is no 'locker line' so to speak. Upon entering Hogwarts, the queue starts to the left and lockers are to the right. You should simply be able to go to the left with your belongings and enjoy the queue with your family up until the load area. FJ has 'child swap' so you can wait in the unload area while your family rides. You can enjoy everything just the same without any hassle. Have fun!

Matpez

There is no 'locker line' so to speak.

Yes, there is. Maybe it's new since you have been, but the OP is correct.

However, you could just go through the queue with your group as suggested and then at the stop point in the Gryffindor Common room tell the TM you will not be riding and they will show you a door that leads to the attraction exit.

how do you skip the locker line?

Only single riders or castle tours can ask to skip the line. If your with a group with anyone who is riding, you will be directed into it.

haveyoumetmark

Yes, there is. Maybe it's new since you have been, but the OP is correct.

However, you could just go through the queue with your group as suggested and then at the stop point in the Gryffindor Common room tell the TM you will not be riding and they will show you a door that leads to the attraction exit.

Only single riders or castle tours can ask to skip the line. If your with a group with anyone who is riding, you will be directed into it.

Last week? I must have missed it, I guess. All I noticed was queue to the left and lockers to the right.

Matpez

Last week? I must have missed it, I guess. All I noticed was queue to the left and lockers to the right.

I don't have a good pic of it or I would post it. I know at WDWMagic you are almost strictly forbidden from linking to any other relevant website, so I won't do that.
Earlier this year a queue was installed outside Hogwarts to the left before entering the castle. This has been referred to as "the locker line" on most internet sites since it opened because it's main goal is to allow crowd control at the lockers so there is not just an uncontrolled mass of people entering and exiting all at once.

The only way to skip it and enter through the right side of the queue is asking for the single riders line or a castle tour only, everyone with bags or in groups now goes through "the locker line".
Another place it was discussed on this very site: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4797835&postcount=18

Timekeeper

Maybe this line wasn't being formally used after the holidays because this is now the off-season and the parks are pretty dead. :shrug: Someone posted about his recent experience at UO, and he was able to hit up the attractions in both parks in a single afternoon. Even though HP remains to be the top draw, the locker situation isn't that bad (compared to busier seasons).

AswaySuller

Going off topic but my girlfriend suffers with motion sickness and rode this ride with no trouble.

Or do you have sea bands or something you could wear?

It's just it's a wonderful wonderful ride even for non potter fans like myself and it'd be a shame for you to miss it.

OrlandoInformer

I know at WDWMagic you are almost strictly forbidden from linking to any other relevant website, so I won't do that.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4797835&postcount=18

I'll try :animwink:

You can definitely join your family through the entire castle experience. In the loading area, at the end of the queue, just ask for the exit instead of getting on the ride. It is actually pretty simple. The ride essentially loads and unloads in the same room, so you can just take a few steps over and wait for your family. Or, if you want to clear the area, you could go down the stairs and wait in Filch's Emporium. Or you could wait in the Child Swap room.

I wanted to mention that, starting with the holiday 2011 crowds, Universal has been closing access to the tour-only line. Although I have yet to determine their exact policy, from many reports I have received it would seem that the tour-only line is now closed anytime there is a wait for FJ longer than 30 minutes (which is pretty much all the time). You can visit this page to learn more:

Is the tour-only line through Hogwarts Castle really closed now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom