Local News: HHN at IOA a go.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by pheneix
Islands of Adventure was designed for a parade. Think about how World Showcase/Tapestry of Dreams works. That would not have any bearing on the decision to cancel it or not.

yes, it would hold a ToD/ToN sized float. But the mardi gras/halloween floats would not fit there

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by woofboy111
When dodge heard about this, they pulled their sponsership for for future parades, and without dodge trucks to pull the floats, they won't have it.

2 words...

Toyota Tacoma. Who do you think is the current Universal automobile sponsor?

MKCustodial

I have been reading about this for years, but it's literally impossible for me to go to Orlando in October... It should be fun, and I'd LOVE to see Bill & Ted, it's one of my favorite movie series.

MrPromey

Originally posted by Ratcat
Yes, I have been to FOUR. What IS your point???

Every year they come up with new ways to fright us, and this one be a great one. Plus that is only one part of the park, I'd love to see what they will come up with in the JP and Lost continent areas. I'm not sure that Suess will fit in though.

Those that say that this will ruin HHN really need to calm down a bit. Using the IOA area will allow for many new and scary things to be tried out.

It's easy to critisise now, why not give it a chance and if it sucks then you'll be able to give an informed gripe then, rather than an uninformed one now. :)

My apologies. Being that you don’t live in the states and that HHN is a event marketed to a local audience since October is one of the deadest (no pun intended) months in the Orlando area for tourism, I incorrectly assumed you’d never been… the point I was trying to get at was that while there may be an adult audience for comic characters, I don’t see any of the mainstream ones being really scary to most adults. Some of the more off to the side ones would be but we won’t see those there because most general guests wouldn’t recognize any of them… And unless they do something lame like set up another “Pitch Black” haunted house and call it Dr. Dooms Fear walk or something, I don’t see how they’ll really manage to incorporate Marvel Comic villains into something that might actually be scary. I suppose anything jumping out at you in dim lighting with a glow in the dark costume is scary so they could do something with it but I don’t think something like that would be all too scary…

I understand the reasoning behind doing it at IOA. Not only is there more land but being a thrill park, most of their daytime attractions will be a good mix with the nighttime offerings. I just don’t see how they are going to effectively pull it off. They don’t have all the big buildings with extra space like they do in the other park and to me at least, part of what made walking around outside in the other one scary was the setting… It sort of felt like you were waking around a deserted city at night with all of this stuff. There was a sense of associated realism of it feeling like something sort of familiar but not… I don’t see that happening in any of the lands at IOA…

I hope it’s good, too. It would be nice to go with things more spread out but they will have to do more in the way of haunted attractions if they plan on opening it up to more people. Standing in a two hour line for a haunted house that everyone in the rest of your party wants to rush through sort of $ucks but standing in a three hour line for the same thing would be really bad. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom