Local Channel To Show Parade

dkrfla

Original Poster
As some of you may or may not know, our local affiliate here in Orlando (WFTV 9) opted to not air the Walt Disney World Parade on Christmas morning last year as it had for many years. I contacted their programming department today and they assured me that this year it will be aired on Christmas morning at 10am. I explained to them that for many of us even here in Florida, the parade was a Christmas morning tradition and we really missed it last year. Well I am off to MGM for the Osbourne lights and such tomorrow. Our trip report should follow a few days later. Have a magical day

Dusty

TheDisneyMagic

Thanks for finding out, there was lots of confusion over it last year, it was broadcast in our area but on a different channel, but it will be good to see it on its correct home again this year. :)

Mr Starky

Although my wife and I have yet to ever spend Christmas in the parks. We have always enjoyed the Parade in the morning.

Merry Christmas Everyone

mkepcotmgmak

SAME HERE!

We have two local ABC stations, NEITHER of which aired the parade last year! I e-mailed their programming departments, and BOTH of them are airing them this year!!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's not uncommon for nationally broadcast local events to be blacked-out locally. It's usually the owners of the events that requests this in hopes of drawing a larger local crowd.

Blizz

Umm... WABC New York (ABC7) has to air the parade like it or not. They are a Disney owned station. Along with WPVI Philadelphia, WLS Chicago, KABC Los Angeles, etc...

Stations like WFTV9 in Orlando can opt not to air it because they are not ABC/Disney owned. They are owned by independed companies like Tribune and Hearst. Station managers can opt not to air them if they feel other programming can pull in more money. Obviously they feel stupid since the parade won an Emmy the year that they opt not to air it. I am sure the award has helped get them more money for ad spots this year in the local markets.

mkepcotmgmak

the two stations that didn't air it here last year are ABC affiliate stations - and they didn't do it...

i know this sounds ridiculous because this is NOT waht Christmas is all about - but i didn't have as good of a Christmas last year because I didn't get to see the parade!

Thanks for finding out, there was lots of confusion over it last year, it was broadcast in our area but on a different channel, but it will be good to see it on its correct home again this year. :)

which channel is it on in england then? cos i would very much like to watch it. i have been dying to see the christmas parade but alas i must put up with the poor quality of youtube.com

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
which channel is it on in england then? cos i would very much like to watch it. i have been dying to see the christmas parade but alas i must put up with the poor quality of youtube.com
Proably none - unless you have Sky. Even then it`s unlikely.

Mousebits has some high quality versions from previous years :wave:

almandot

I'll be Tivo'ing it for sure this year, because there's a good chance I'll be able to see myself in it during the Disneyland parts ;)

Proably none - unless you have Sky. Even then it`s unlikely.

Mousebits has some high quality versions from previous years :wave:

Yeh, i have got Sky, i also just e-mailed disney channel to see if there is any chance of them showing it at all, i also asked them if they knew of a channel that would. then i gave them the links to the recent posts about it to see if it would sway their mind.

TheDisneyMagic

No, sorry we don't get it here in England unfortunately, but we allways spend Christmas in our house in Florida so we recieve WFTV 9 there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom