LMA FP Clarification

ScrapIron

Original Poster
I've seen several sources say after getting a FP for LMA you can go ahead and get one elsewhere pretty much right away.

But is the reverse of this true?

In other words, if I get a ToT FP with a 10:30-11:30 return, do I have to wait until 10:30 before getting one for LMA, or can it be gotten right away. Don't want to trek to the other side of the park for nothing. Thanks.

Cheers.

wilary

The bottom of your fast pass ticket will say when you can get your next one.

Something like: "Next Pass Available at 10:15"

ScrapIron

Original Poster
wilary said:
The bottom of your fast pass ticket will say when you can get your next one.

Something like: "Next Pass Available at 10:15"

Yes, aware of that. Normally whenever the window opens or 2 hours, whichever comes first. But, many have said that after getting the LMA FP, you're able to get your next one without waiting for the showtime or for 2 hours to pass. Enough people have said this, including at least one very trustworthy source, that I'm sure it's true.

It sounds like the LMA FP machines may be disconnected from the rest of the system, like some of the ones at DL. In that case, you could get one for LMA right away after already getting one elsewhere. Just trying to discern whether anyone knows this for sure. Thanks.

Cheers.

OmegaKnight

From my experience, it seems that the LMA FastPass machines are disconnected from the rest of the system. Of course, that may change during the busy summer months, but for the time being, you can get a LMA FP and go get another one for a different attraction. I am pretty sure that it works backwards too like you mentioned but the only way to really try it is to go over by LMA, insert your ticekt and see if it works.

Ziggie

OmegaKnight said:
From my experience, it seems that the LMA FastPass machines are disconnected from the rest of the system. Of course, that may change during the busy summer months, but for the time being, you can get a LMA FP and go get another one for a different attraction. I am pretty sure that it works backwards too like you mentioned but the only way to really try it is to go over by LMA, insert your ticekt and see if it works.

Omega, I have a question. I've read/heard that the FP system doesn't really work properly and that people can collect old discarded FPs and use them? Is that true?

GymLeaderPhil

If I can recall correctly, I did get a FP from LMA that had a smaller window of time between picking up another FP. I do not think it said "You can get another one right away" like Epcot was doing a couple of weeks back, but it was a short period of FP denial time.

dxwwf3

Ziggie said:
people can collect old discarded FPs and use them? Is that true?

Uh yeah. Quite easily. The old finger over the date trick works really well, especially since the CM that actually collects the FP's NEVER looks at them.

I don't do that anymore though. Everyone has to grow up sometime :lol:

Ziggie

dxwwf3 said:
Uh yeah. Quite easily. The old finger over the date trick works really well, especially since the CM that actually collects the FP's NEVER looks at them.

I don't do that anymore though. Everyone has to grow up sometime :lol:

heheheh! :lol: No wonder I kept seeing the same family go thru the FP lane over and over again at Buzz Lightyear! :lol:

wed050499

From an LMA CM...

Hey gang,

For the time being, we are keeping the LMA FP system disconnected from the rest of the park due to the fact that because we are new, we would like you to see our show, but still be able to enjoy the rest of the park. As of right now, it doesn't look like we will be connected till this fall or even as late as the holiday season.

WED050499
LMA Ops CM

se8472

dxwwf3 said:

Never say never :D

dxwwf3

se8472 said:
Never say never :D

Well up until this point it has never happened. I don't have to worry about it since I don't do that anymore, but usually CM's have bigger fish to fry than stop and look at each date on every single FP that goes through.

maxime29

Premium Member
It's not like they have enough on their plate with the anxious ones who want to get on the ride when their time is 5-10 minutes from their window. I did ask one about that when the FP line was held up for a moment at Space Mountain. The CM told me it's a rare situation that he doesn't take into account anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom