Living witht he Land reopening delayed until Tuesday

Boray

Captain Hank - THANK YOU for the cool information!! My family is going Oct. 21-27, wish we could take the Behind the Seeds tour, but that might be a bit of a challenge with a 4-year-old and a 7-year-old. Perhaps my husband and I can get away sometime together and take the tour!!!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
*Booming Voice of God* "Attention in the Land, Attention in the Land, we are powering down to clear E-Stops. Track walkers, please hold your positions. IR Beam 4 confirmed..."

As for wait times, I think it peaked out at 20 minutes (as far as I saw) and was not running FastPass.

And GoofyMom2, glad to hear that you enjoyed the tour. Jeff is a great guide.
:sohappy:

Hank, i didnt realize that you were a BtS tour guide. hmmmm, i dont think that it is in the budget but ill have to look for you next week. What other things do you do around the Land? (just so i can keep an eye out)

Horizons1

And that's just scratching the surface. If you have any other questions about the Land greenhouses, I'd be glad to do my best to try to answer them.

I have always wondered, how big is the biotech lab? Does it stretch far back from where we get to see it and how much of the pavilion does it take up?

Captain Hank

Wow, Capt'n, your synopsis really makes me want to take the tour next week.

Living with the Land has always been a favorite of mine, and was the site of some Disney CM magic on my last trip. 7 year old melt down nipped in the bud (sorry!) by quick-thinking Yolanda's distribution of FastPasses.

Please excuse my asking again, but how and where could I sign up for the tour? What is their frequency? Hourly? 2-3 times perday?

Thanks!

PS--are you really a "Hank"? My son, Henry, mysteriously became Hank when he got to high school.
Behind the Seeds tours depart every 45 minutes throughout the day. Our first tour departs at 10:30, and our last at 4:30. They last about an hour each. Groups are generally capped at 13 guests, and the tour will depart even if only one guest has signed up for it. Tour sign-up is at the Behind the Seeds tour desk, just to the left of the entrance to Soarin'. Look for the Cast Member in the teal polo shirt. You can also call (407)-WDW-TOUR to book in advance.

As for "Hank," I actually also picked up that nickname in high school. My real name isn't Henry, but close.

:sohappy:

Hank, i didnt realize that you were a BtS tour guide. hmmmm, i dont think that it is in the budget but ill have to look for you next week. What other things do you do around the Land? (just so i can keep an eye out)
I'm one of two interns in charge of the String greenhouse (the one with the tomato tree and Mickey-shaped pumpkins). We are responsible for everything that goes on in there on a daily basis (pruning, harvesting, delivering produce, transplanting, irrigating, pollenating to our little hearts' content, etc.) I, like most of the interns also work shifts at the tour desk once, or sometimes twice, a week.

I have always wondered, how big is the biotech lab? Does it stretch far back from where we get to see it and how much of the pavilion does it take up?
You actually see most of the biotech lab from the boat ride. There is a small outgrowth in the back-right corner where we have some additional equipment and development areas for the Mickey's Mini Gardens. This section is visible from the Behind the Seeds tour path. I actually haven't ever been inside the lab, as it's a sterile environment. Only the people who directly work in there are allowed in, and if they've been in the greenhouses earlier that day, they must shower and change clothes to prevent any diseases or pests present in the greenhouses from contaminating the cultures.

VT GAL

Now I can't wait!

My hubby has been talking non-stop about wanting to take the Behind the Seeds tour...now I HAVE to go with him!!! It sounds awesome!!! :)

The Mak

Thanks for the sound file, it wasn't much off from the last live spiel I've heard while on the ride. It was very clear and informative. I missed LwtL the last time I was in Epcot due to the rehab, I have never realised how important the ride was to the overall message of the Land pavillion. I'll enjoy my next ride there, for sure.

brkgnews

Hey, Starwood...

No video from me, but I do have couple of fuzzy-blurries (that's all you get when you obey the 'no flash pictures' rule. I'll probably include them in my update when I get back in town.

Basically, the only in-ride visual changes I saw (besides obviously the missing boat host) were a spaceship earth style 'we see you' security monitor and the addition (or at least the staffing now) of a ride control panel in the 'airlock' room immediately before your boat makes a hard left into the first part of the greenhouse.

KrazyKemp

I rode the new and improved Living With The Land on the 18th of September.

Having never rode it with an actual person on-board, I cannot tell you if it was better or not.

The ride was very informative, and from my point of view, very well done.

There were no lines for the ride, and I walked on with ease.

haveyoumetmark

I want to hear the voice of god! Maybe I should stick my hand out of the boat or something, maybe we'll have some unruly kids in our group. :lookaroun

Magicot

While I was at Epcot today I recorded the new spiel. If you want to hear it click here:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/dkrfla/land.mp3.

I recorded it with a digital camera so the sound quality isn't perfect but you can hear what he is saying.

Enjoy!
Dusty
Hey thanks Dusty. I really appreciate your efforts. I must say that from what I hear, this new spiel is an excellent improvement. It's very clear, informative, and interesting. I especially like the part at the beginning, "[We] are exploring innovative ways to produce bountiful harvests now, and into the future."

The whole spiel, though very similar to the old one, seems to have brought new life to this very important aspect of The Land. It will now always be presented in a factual yet interesting manner. In the past, if a CM wasn't interested in what s/he was talking about, then the guests' experience was negatively affected. Now we'll always have that nice, welcoming, and dare I say, futuristic voice to inform us in the greenhouses. Upgrade!:sohappy:

dkrfla

The last time I rode LWTL before yesterday was several months ago and I had a foreign tour guide who had the microphone halfway down his throat and no one on the boat could understand a word he said. So me personally I love the changes...and it was an especially nice ride yesterday because there was a lot of cast members doing stuff in the greenrooms and a lot of activity going on.

D~

T-1MILLION

Thanks dkrfla!

It turned out a lot better than I expected.

I liked how to me the narration voice seemed to have character but not overly enthusiastic.

Thanks again!:wave:

-Preston

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom