Living Seas

ms7479a

Original Poster
Two questions I have about the Living Seas:
1.) What is Turtle Talk? I have never seen it and don't really know what it is.
2.) When are the Seacabs suppose to open?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Turtle Talk with Crush is a Finding Nemo bsed show-style attraction in the Living Seas which replaced, i believe, Atlas of the Living World in the Living Seas post-show area.

Turtle Talk seats a fairly small group of guests (50-75 or so?) in a theater with a giant "window" in the tank. Through an underwater microphone and a host in the theater, guests talk with Crush, the hippie sea turtle from Finding Nemo. It's a funny and interesting show with great technology.

The ride portion of the Living Seas is expected to reopen this fall.. when that exactly means, no one knows.

col

ms7479a said:
Two questions I have about the Living Seas:
1.) What is Turtle Talk? I have never seen it and don't really know what it is.
2.) When are the Seacabs suppose to open?

turtle talk is with crush is an interactive show which everyone can participate in.all the small children sit on the floor at the front facing the big screen and the adults sit on the chairs/benches at the back. crush comes on the big screen when being introduced by a CM. the kids ask him questions and he answers them -in crushes own fashion while making everyone laugh. the little kids are really into it coz he says stuff like "the girl in the pink top with the flower on the front" stuff like that making the child feel as if he is real and can see them.

i enjoyed it, it made me laugh and i will go back and see it again. when i went there was a 20 min queue during EMH's -but its worth it just to see what it is like.

as for question 2 i dont know what the seacabs? are.

RonAnnArbor

Turtle Talk is completely entertaining...although this past week, (a peak week) the queu line (except for the 10:00 first show of the day) was a good hour or longer all day long. Every little kid that has heard about it through friends wants to see it. It is very geared toward 5 - 10 year olds, but is very entertaining for adults as well. It's a small theatre, seats about 250 per show - although "seats" is more like "accomodates" 250 -- about 50 kids sitting on the floor - 150 adults sitting on the benches, and another 50 people standing around the perimeter of the room.

The "sea cabs" is being refurbished and is not supposed to open until sometime this fall. Some rumors state that is coming back as a "finding Nemo" dark ride...nothing is 100% confirmed (although it sounds relatively a sure thing, as Disney Studios in Paris has announced they are also installing a similar ride).

sseguin613

How does Crush work anyways? Is htere someone operating it and speaking into a microphone? Or is it really an advanced computerized thing?

Any and all details on this would be appreciated.

RonAnnArbor

We have another thread online here that goes into detail as to how Crush works --

It is real animation but it is all computerized...there is a real person that sits at a microphone and can "see" the audience on their computer screen so that they can talk to the audience. The animation and movements are all computerized based on where the turtle is speaking - right, center, left, up right, down left, etc. They can add random backflips, swimming forward and backwards, etc. Portions of the show are prerecorded and are the same no matter what the audience answers (i.e. the entire section where Crush is wearing the bikini top)

JerMerBear

RonAnnArbor said:
We have another thread online here that goes into detail as to how Crush works --

It is real animation but it is all computerized...there is a real person that sits at a microphone and can "see" the audience on their computer screen so that they can talk to the audience. The animation and movements are all computerized based on where the turtle is speaking - right, center, left, up right, down left, etc. They can add random backflips, swimming forward and backwards, etc. Portions of the show are prerecorded and are the same no matter what the audience answers (i.e. the entire section where Crush is wearing the bikini top)

*BUZZ* WRONG. Thanks come again.

The theater holds 200, and thats pushing it. I prefer to load the show about 180. When its too packed, its uncomfortable for the host to move about the theater, because no one listens to them. Ha.

Epcot82Guy

Just for the record, the Sea Cabs (the nickname given to the omnimover system that transported guests from the hydrolators to Sea Base Alpha) have not been officially announced. While ever sign points to saying the ride is returning, no one (that can speak) is precisely sure of what it will be. The running rumor is that it will be an omnimover that takes over one of the pre-show theaters and involves stationary scenes and projections into the tank of Nemo characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom