Living Seas updates!

kennyj29

Living Seas

I agree totally that it needs refurbishment. However, I think WOL is also in desperate need!!!! But I have to say the side with LS and Land are always so empty. There at least are people in the land but the rest of it is awful. I know that's why they are doing soring. Something needs to be done.

jrriddle

While I'm generally against Disney characters in Epcot Attraction, I guess Nemo is better than the original Little Mermaid idea.
If they are going to do it, I hope they do it well.

Jusjuice

The good thing about TLS is that it has what it needs-- the fish. It could be a completely amazing attraction if they would just update the whole look of it, and they don't even have to mess with the fish. The land, on the other hand, would look way better with an update, but could use a new ride, too considering that's all it has.

shazbot

around 1987 there was a book on the creation of EPCOT. In the book the attraction for TLS was a ride through the life of a fish. Seemed like a nice concept to me by the looks of the concept art.

jt03

Originally posted by shazbot
Personally, Living Seas was my fave at EPCOT, but it's gone downhill fast. I'd like to see a Nemo play area themed around the Dentist's fish tank and an installment of 20,000 Leagues-Tokyo Disney Seas style. If they can plop Soarin' into the Land, why not do the same for the Living Seas?

Simply brilliant! But instead of a journey to "atlantis" maybe it could be the HMS Titanic. Didn't Disney do an IMAX with James Cameron. Plus, to start a rumor, I think the concept of a Disney 'living reef" attraction might be going to AK's rumored "australia" land and would be themed on the Great Barrier Reef. Living Seas should be based on oceaography and ocean exploration and the fish should be at AK. Just a thought.

DVCMommy

As of last month, TLS was still a bit of a wreck. (ride is still down, very few fish, and not much else to see) I really hope they're planning a refirbishment, because it's heart-breaking to see it slide like this.

shazbot

I completely forgot about the James Cameron Titanic IMAX film. Here's a thought-add a small IMAX theater to TLS, abridge the film and add extra footage "not seen in theaters"-mix well and voila!-instant attraction update! Hey, add 2 theaters and keep 'em coming! They didn't call Walt "Hopalong Capacity" for nothin'.

Bairstow

I dunno, Shazbot, the one here in Chattanooga isn't a gigantic theatre but it's still a massive building that cost several million to put up and it still doesn't get any decent films. Besides, there are already too many wide-screen attractions in EPCOT, and the World Showcase is lousy with them. I don't know how many movies a typical EPCOT guest is willing to sit down and watch in a day, especially if one is just a slightly shorter version of something they can watch back home.

Oh, and for those of you wanting an even more expensive and less feasable solution, check out this idea I had a 18 months ago.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7921&highlight=kraken

jt03

Originally posted by shazbot
I was referring to an IMAX theater the size of the one we have in Chattanooga. It's big, but not huge.:)
I liked your idea of using the 20,000 Leagues ride from TDS but I was thinking it would be cool to combine that ride system with the IMAX film James Cameron made (I am sure it is "High Definition") so that people could get a sense of a deep sea dive, and what better place than the Titanic. I like your other ideas too and I am sure there would be plenty of space for several different attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom